Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation
Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation is a taste of the Inca trail in a short time take this tour, which is the best option to explore part of the ancient Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation. This Inca road is ideal for families, honeymooners, couples, or a group of friends who want to learn about the ancient Inca trails. Many people like this trek because there are some advantages such as you do not have walk too long as compared to the regular 4 days trek of 45 km/27 miles. So if you have a shortage of time for trekking in Peru South America, and you are interested in getting a taste of the ancient Inca Trail, this two day trek is a good one for you “The best of the best”.
Booking Best LOCAL tour operator 100% PERU Company.
Inca Trail Availability 2017 All round year! Except February
Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2D Starting from Km 104
Mar. Apr. May. Jun. Aug. Sep. Nov. Dec. 2017 & Jan. 2018
FAQs: Trail (via Km 104 of the railway line), Short Inca trail trek + 1 night Hotel 3 star on day 1 (ANDINA LUXURY or similar).
- Day 1: Cusco – Ollanta and Train to Km 104 (Inca Trail Tour)
- Day 2: Machu Picchu Tour
Day 1: Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation
We start from Cusco at 4:00 am by Van to Ollantaytambo train station, then we will pass by train following the river. At KM 104 we start our Kondor Path hiking. First we have to check our passports and documentation so we can get into the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. Then we walk a few minutes to the first Inca site called Chachabamba (like the song Bamba Bamba). After 3 hours of walking we reach Wiñaywayna, the second Inca site (between Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna is a sunny area so bring a good sunblock, hat, and plenty of water), but sometimes is cloudy “let´s be ready for a great day hike”.
From Wiñaywayna we enter the Classic Inca trail route where the hikers of 4 day trek are camping. Then the last part of hike is a 2 hour trek to reach Machu Picchu Park. The trail travels through beautiful green landscapes, so at times it’s like walking in a garden. Once we get to Machu Picchu we have time to take a lot of pictures from the guard house which is the best location in all the area to get a panoramic overview of Machu Picchu. We then board the touristic bus to Machu Picchu town which is also called Aguas Calientes village because there are hot spring pools. At Aguas Calientes you will spend the night and the next day we will go back to visit Machu Picchu, explore it, and have a walking guided tour, followed by leisure time by yourself in Machu Picchu, during the afternoon return to Cusco city “via train and van”.
- Pickup from your hotel and transfer to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train service to KM 104; the starting point of the Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation.
- Explore by trek 3 Incan sites
- Inti Punku
- PM first glimpse of Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate and the Inca guard house
- PM bus service to Aguas Calientes village (last bus at 5:20PM)
- Walking distance 10 km/6.2 miles
- Trailhead elevation: 2,000 m/6,550 ft. “Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”
- Highest point elevation Inti Punku (the Sun Gate) 2,720 m/8,920 ft
- Machu Picchu elevation: 2,400 m/7,875 ft. “Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”
- Estimated duration: 6 hour trek “Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”
- Difficulty Level: Moderate and Easy. (Ascent: 546 m/1,791 ft. – Descent: 315 m/1,033 ft.)
- Accommodation: Aguas Calientes overnight.
- In Aguas Calientes village you will recover and gather strength for the second day in Machu Picchu
- Meals: 1 Box Lunch (We can provide a vegetarian box-lunch if you let us know ahead of time.)
Day 2: Machu Picchu Tour
Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation today is the day to visit Machu Picchu with your professional tour guide and explore all the Inca city. You will also have plenty of free time on your own in Machu Picchu or time to climb the famous mountain of Waynapicchu or Montaña (Book in advance for these optional Mountains). Afterwards you will return to Aguas Calientes to catch the train service back to Ollantaytambo village; then by transport to Cusco city that evening.
Drop off at your hotel in Cusco. End of Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation
- Early breakfast at your hostel
- Bus or hiking up to Machu Picchu (by bus 25 minutes, by foot 1.5 hours)
- 2 hour tour for exploring Machu Picchu with your guide, and then free time for you
- Climb to Huayna Picchu (Optional not included– book in advance with us) 7 AM or 10 AM
- PM return by bus to Aguas Calientes village “Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”
- PM train return service from Machu Picchu train station to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train times: at 2:55 PM, 4:45 PM, or 6:45 PM depending on availability at Peru Rail/Inca rail
- PM or night transfer service from Ollantaytambo to Cusco city by van.
- Difficulty: Mountain Spirit “Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”
- Meals: 1 Breakfast
- When to go: The best time to visit is April through October. It’s the busy season (especially June to August), but it’s also the dry season.
- Difficulty: The trek is rated moderate; any reasonably fit person should be able to cover the route.
- Temperatures: From minus 4ºC to 28ºC/39° Fahrenheit to 82° Fahrenheit
- Note that the Inca Trail is closed in February “Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”.
- Service Level: Standard / Comfortable tourist-class “Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”
- Rating: 4 star “Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”
Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation YOU NEED A PERMIT in order to book your SShort Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation. The Peruvian authorities cap the number of Inca Trail trekking permits to 500 people per day. Everyone entering the trail needs a permit including the trekker, guide, porters, and other support staff. Permits often sell out several months in advance (5 to 8 months in advance), so you must book well ahead to secure your place. When you fill in our booking form, you must fill in alternative start dates that are possible for you to begin the trek. If your preferred date is sold out we will use one of these alternative dates for your permit. Once we purchase your permit from the National Park office (INC & UGM), you are 100% confirmed to start this day. Note: This date cannot be changed. Permits are completely non-refundable or transferable, so please make sure the date you booked is a good date to start this adventure. Your permit is linked to your name and passport number. If you change your passport after booking your Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation Permit or you plan to travel with a different passport, you MUST also bring the passport you used to book your permit, or you will not be able to trek the Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation.
HUAYNA PICCHU: Only 400 people can climb this mountain, so it needs to be booked in advance, and the price is $65 per person. It is recommended to climb Huayna Picchu at the 10-11 AM time slot, as otherwise you miss your guided tour. It is recommended to have this booked about 2 to 3 months in advance in order to secure your permit.
“Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”
Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation Includes
- Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation 2 Day
- Trek briefing with your guide.
- Professional Kondor guide (on trek)
- Second tour guide for groups of 9+
- Short Inca Trail permit and entrance fees to Machu Picchu.
- Private transport and professional driver (round trip from your hotel to train station). You will be picked up directly from your hotel around 4 AM (unless you are staying in Ollantaytambo before the trek), and brought to the train station to head to KM 104.
- Train Service to Machu Picchu round trip (Expedition Tourist Train). Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation
- 3 bus tickets Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu.
- 1 night in a Hotel 3 STAR in Aguas Calientes. Sierra Andina group (Andina Luxury, El Presidente) based on sharing a room; either double, matrimonial or triple depending on availability. SIA brand rooms all include private bathrooms with hot showers and Wi-Fi.
- Meals as indicated (1 Box Lunch, 1 Breakfast). (We can provide a vegetarian box-lunch if you let us know in advance.)
- Oxygen tank & First aid kit
- All local taxes
Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation Does Not Include
- Entrance fee for Huayna Picchu Mountain (Walk to the top without a guide. The trail is well marked). Keep in mind that the trekking up to the mountain is not suggested for people with problems with vertigo, or who are afraid of heights.
- Breakfast on Day 1, Dinner on Day 1, and Lunch on Day 2
- Energy snacks will be very useful such as chocolate bars, dried fruits, and trail mix.
- Tips: Guide
Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation Bring
- Original passport
- You only need to carry a small day backpack
- Water to drink on hike (2 liters)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required).
- Trekking shoes (sneakers or sturdy shoes)
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Comfortable trousers/Sun hat or cap “essential”
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended) / Insect repellent.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camel-back
- Personal medication
- Basic toiletries
- Camera and film
- Cash in local currency to purchase items
- Optional items to Bring: Bandages or moleskin/Sandals
Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation 2 days
- GROUP SERVICE: US$ 550. p/person. “Operated by Kondor Path Tours, our groups are not shared with third parties”
- PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 615. p/person
PRICE – Deals for hiking groups – Requirement: Book the Short Inca Trail together as a group!
- 5 ppl group US$ 495.00 p/person.
- 6 ppl group US$ 465.00 p/person.
- 7 ppl group US$ 450.00 p/person.
- 8 ppl group US$ 430.00 p/person.
- 9 ppl group US$ 430.00 p/person.
- 10 ppl group US$ 420.00 p/person.
- 11 ppl group US$ 410.00 p/person.
- 12 ppl group US$ 400.00 p/person.
- 13 ppl group US$ 395.00 p/person.
- 14 ppl group US$ 390.00 p/person.
- 15 ppl group US$ 385.00 p/person.
- 16 ppl group US$ 360.00 p/person.
*Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
RESPONSIBLE Inca Trail trek OPERATOR, Machu Picchu Sustainable Company.
Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation Upgrade options:
Hotel Note: We do not include PayPal 6% merchant fee (paid by the traveler).
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
+ US$ 530. p.p.p DBL / US$ 944. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View
+ US$ 670. p.p.p DBL / US$ 1,188. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View & Terrace
+ US$ 920. p.p.p DBL / US$ 1,503. SLG -Suites
El Mapi Hotel Machu Picchu by Inkaterra
+ US$ 65. p.p.p – Superior Deluxe DBL or SLG
+ US$ 90. p.p.p – Suite DBL or SLG
Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu
+ US$ 50. p.p.p – Traditional Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 60. p.p.p – Superior Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 70. p.p.p. – Jr. Suite DBL or SLG
+ US$ 75. p.p.p – Huayna Picchu entrance fee (book in advance this extra option with your hike package)
+ US$ 75. P.P.P – Vistadome Train (One Way)
+ US$ 120. p.p.p – Vistadome Train (Round Trip)
+ US$ 10. p.p.p – a pair of walking Poles
+ US$ 120. p.p.p. – Personal Porter to carry 7 kg of personal items
* US$ 160. p.p.p – Full Porter to carry 14 kg of personal items
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation 2 days WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to email@example.com. There is a $250 per person deposit needed. All deposits are fully non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
The amount to deposit to reserve and secure your space is specified according to the number of customers “We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler”
- Inca Trail 2 Day
- Inca Trail 2 Day
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Offers for organized groups!
|Duration:||2 Days and 1 Night (Aguas Calientes village)|
|Sites to visit:||Inca trail and Inca sites (Chachamba, Choquesuysuy, Wiñaywayna, and Inti Punko)|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (hiking), Archeological, Cultural and Ecological|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 02 Passenger, Maximum 16 Passengers|
|Highlight:||Hike through via Sun Gate|
|Location:||South America - Peru - Cusco|
|Physical Level:||2 Days and 1 Night (Aguas Calientes village)|
|Total Travel Distance:||10 km / 6.2 miles of Inca Trail|
|Departures:||Any day with two people. Book your space in advance!|
|Recommended age for the tour:|