Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel is an old Inca road where the Incas decided to build a temple dedicated to the thunder and the lightning deities and in ancient times was called Caquia Jaquijahuana. This marvelous location on the middle of the mountain is the place to observe the Sacred Mountains of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. In Colonial times the Spaniards saw the similarity between Cusco and the small Qosqo.
You can read our Huchuy Qosqo Information page
This hike is recommended for people, who want to have an easy trek on the Peru Andes. I personally like the smooth ascending trail to reach the summit, and the mini canyon with the spectacular Incan site of Huchuy Qosqo, and the finish in Machu Picchu.
No permission is needed for Huchuy Qosqo Trek except for Machu Picchu we encourage our clients to book this trekking in advance.
FAQs: Trail.- via Ccorccor, Huchuy Qosqo hike includes a 3 star Hotel on day 2 (ANDINA LUXURY)
- Day 1: Ccorcor Community to Huchuy Qosqo
- Day 2: Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu Travel Pueblo
- Day 3: The Machu Picchu Tour
Day 1: Ccorcor Community to Huchuy Qosqo
Very early morning we pick you up from your hotel in Cuzco city, and by tourist transport we go towards the northwest of the city. After climbing up the mountain we arrive at Poroy village, a Colonial village that was named by the Spaniards. Five hundred years ago, when the Spaniards were very tired before arriving at Cuzco “the capital of the Incas,” they said “just for today let’s stay here” or “Poroy.” We also pass through the village of Cachimayo (the salty town) and Chinchero (the road of the rainbows). At Ccorcor our horsemen and horses are waiting us. They will pack all the mountain equipment and the duffle bags for every hiker in your Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel.
During our first hours of ascending the mountain, the trail looks more like a slope. But the high elevation of the Andes Mountains makes the hike difficult. So we move at a turtle pace which is the best way to conquer the summit. The views along the way are astonishing with lakes and snowy Andes peaks. Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel on the way we see some piles of clay from ancient times, called Apachetas, which were used as markers so as not to get lost on the Inca Trail. The summit is much higher than the classic Inca trail, but it is smooth hiking without Inca steps.
The rest of the trail is downhill. At Puca Marka we have our picnic lunch, and take time to explore this excellent Incan site. Later we arrive at the Inka Canyon, the most preserved Inca trail in a small canyon, the best of the best, with amazing Andes rock formations. From the high Andes we reach the green forest and then suddenly the Sacred Valley of the Incas comes into view. The panoramic vistas are amazing. We camp near Huchuy Qosqo to appreciate the Inka sunset. The afternoon tea today is at the best location on the planet. We appreciate nature as we drink Coca tea and Inka chocolate and munch the biggest popcorn of the area.
- Early morning we pick you up at your hotel
- Private transfer to the trailhead “Ccorcor”
- Includes trekking around the mini Inca canyon and Inca Trail
- Accommodation near Huchuy Qosqo the base camp
- Hiking distance: 14 km/8.68 miles
- Estimated duration: 6 hours
- Highest point Rumi Cruz Pass: 4,230 m/13,877.92 ft.
- Location: the Andes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Difficulty: moderate to challenging “Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel”
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner.
Day 2: Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu Travel Pueblo
Waking up to tea of Coca leaves on your vacation is one of the best experiences. Today we explore Huchuy Qosqo temple and the park for about 2 hours. The best pictures are taken with the first rays of the sun. The trek downhill is an extreme incline, so we recommend that you have a pair of hiking poles. After a 2 hour trek we reach a small settlement, where our Kondor transport is waiting for us. (Lunch is served near the Urubamba river.)
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel we celebrate the end of the hike with some cold beers (Cusqueña beer, the best of Cuzco city) and then the transport takes us to Ollantaytambo village (one hour by transport), Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu Travel where the train station is located. We board our train service to Aguas Calientes village (one hour and a half). This train journey is incredible because as we wend our way, we appreciate the fascinating scenery, including the Cuzco jungle, and the famous cloud forest.
Please note: If you didn’t or don’t plan to visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas on a separate tour, and you want to do part of that tour, specifically Ollantaytambo Park, we might be able to arrange this in advance, by adding a the second day hike before boarding your train service. Just remember that you need to let us know to add this when you book the original tour.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel Summary Trek
- Breakfast at camp with a great view of the Valley
- Explore the Puma canyon
- Hiking distance: 8 km/4.9 miles
- Estimated duration: 2 hours hike
- Lunch at Huchuy Qosqo settlement
- Visit Uno Orqo (the Inca ritual stone)
- 50 minutes by car to Ollantaytambo train station
- PM train service to Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Accommodation: Aguas Calientes overnight
- Difficulty: challenging downhill
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
Day 3: The Machu Picchu Tour
Today is the main day of the vacation in Peru, South America, visiting one of the world’s wonders: Machu Picchu. If you want to be the first visitors of the day in Machu Picchu, an early start is necessary. Machu Picchu opens its doors at 6 am, and the first buses departs at 5:30 am (a half hour ride). This is the best time to start the tour because Machu Picchu isn’t crowded; however, if you want to start at another time, we can follow your suggestions. The guided tour takes 2 hours for exploring the entire Inca citadel, then you have free time to trek the famous Sun gate or the Inca bridge (for these you do not need permission).
At the time indicated by your professional guide, you have to be in Aguas Calientes town to board your train service to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo we use a vehicle transport to Cuzco city.
- Early breakfast at your hotel
- Bus or hiking up to Machu Picchu (by bus 25 minutes, by foot 1.5 hours)
- 2 hours tour to explore Machu Picchu with your guide, and then free time for you
- Optional: Climb to Huayna Picchu at 7 AM or 10 AM (Book in advance with us.)
- PM return by bus to Aguas Calientes village
- PM train return service from Machu Picchu train station to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train times: 2:55 PM, 4:45 PM, or 6:45 PM depending on availability at Peru Rail/Inca rail
- PM or night transfer service from Ollantaytambo to Cuzco city by car
- Difficulty: easy to moderate
- Meals: Breakfast.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel Included
- Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu Travel 3d
- Trek briefing with your guide.
- Professional guide.
- Private transportation and professional driver (all transfers)
- Huchuy Qosqo entrance ticket
- Horses or mules and horsemen to carry tents, food, and cooking equipment
- 7 kg/15 pounds per person of personal items are carried for you, so you just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs/chef and cooking equipment
- Excellent meals (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner)
- Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, and rice, rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking. (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request)
- Boiled water to fill your hydration pack
- Tea time (tea, coffee, biscuits, popcorn)
- Oxygen tank & First aid kit
- 1 night camping
- Spacious tent and sleeping mat
- One night in a Hotel 3 star in Aguas Calientes. Sierra Andina group (Andina, or Presidente) based on sharing a room; either double, matrimonial or triple depending on availability. SIA brand rooms all include private bathrooms with hot showers and Wi-Fi.
- Machu Picchu entrance ticket.
- 2 train tickets from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu pueblo and return (Expedition tourist train)
- 2 bus tickets from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu Park and return
- Machu Picchu guided tour
- Private transfer Ollantaytambo to Cusco on last day
- All local taxes
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel Not Included
- Water on Day 1
- Energy snacks such as chocolate bars, dried fruits, etc., which will be very useful
- Breakfast on Day 1, Dinner on Day 2, Lunch on Day 3
- Tips: guide, cook, horseman
- Waynapicchu Mountain.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel Bring
- A good day-pack: – an appropriate pack to carry your personal belongings such as Eagle Creek Afar Backpack
- Original passport
- International Student Identity Card “ISIC” if applicable (Needed for discount)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required)
- Lighter trekking boots with good ankle support
- 2 pairs of Trekking pants (not jeans), 1 hiking and 1 cotton. Please spray both pairs as well as other clothes with an insect repellent spray before the trip.
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- 1 rain jacket: The rain jacket can be helpful because there are rainy days even if we are in dry season.
- 1 warm/winter jacket (Thermals: wool socks/ gloves / scarf and woolen hat for cold nights). The first night the temperature can be as low as – 5 degrees Celsius/41 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3 pairs of underwear, 4 pairs of socks (Bamboo or cotton/nylon-blend socks dry faster than 100 percent cotton, which lose their softness when air-dried.) It is nice to have a couple of extra pairs of socks to change into at night when you’re not hiking. Also, we recommend bringing both heavy hiking socks and lighter socks as well. The weather is variable, so you want to make sure you’re not too cold or too hot.
- 2 t-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts
- 1 good sleeping bag liner, which is super lightweight and easy to pack. This definitely does its job!.
- Travel-size tissues and wet wipes. The air is cold and damp, so your nose is going to run a lot. Everyone seems to run out of tissues by the end of the trek. Also, most bathrooms do not have toilet paper (if you even find a bathroom), so wet wipes are a key item.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike can have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended). “Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel”
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need, although it doesn’t work very well. The issue with Cusco outdoor is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are these small flies you can’t even see that leave weird bites that first look like you pricked your finger and then blow up into itchy red bumps. Unfortunately, these bugs seem to bite you no matter what kind of spray you put on, so haven’t some anti-itch ointment could be helpful.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camel-back
- Water (Only for the first day hike. Then we will provide you with water for the remainder of the hike).
- Camera and film
- A headlamp to navigate camp in the evenings and pre-dawn mornings with spare batteries
- Bandages or moleskin “Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel”
- Flip flops to change into at night. Your toes will thank you!
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste/floss, shampoo/conditioner, brush/comb, Vaseline (great for potential blisters on the feet), feminine hygiene products, deodorant, nail clippers/file/tweezers, spare glasses and/or prescription, mini-eyeglass repair kit, contact lenses and supplies, hand sanitizer etc. Pack what you need, but pack light.
- Medication (Imodium AD or something for your stomach) because some people get an upset stomach on the trek. Also, Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen can be helpful to help with aches and pains after 8-10 hours of hiking each day. “Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel”
- Plastic bags for dirty and wet clothes “Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel”
- Something to read in the evenings “Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel”
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, & tips for your staff.
Trekking Huchuy Qosqo to Machu Picchu 3 Day/2 Nights.
- 2 ppl group US$ 675.00 p/person.
- 3 ppl group US$ 595.00 p/person.
- 4 ppl group US$ 535.00 p/person.
- 5 ppl group US$ 510.00 p/person.
- 6 ppl group US$ 490.00 p/person.
*Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
Our treks are “Operated by Kondor Path Tours, our groups are not shared with third parties”
Hotel Note: We do not include PayPal 6% merchant fee (paid by the traveler).
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
+ US$ 530. p.p.p DBL / US$ 944. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View
+ US$ 670. p.p.p DBL / US$ 1,188. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View & Terrace
+ US$ 920. p.p.p DBL / US$ 1,503. SLG – Suites
El Mapi Hotel Machu Picchu by Inkaterra
+ US$ 65. p.p.p – Superior Deluxe DBL or SLG
+ US$ 90. p.p.p – Suite DBL or SLG
Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu
+ US$ 50. p.p.p – Traditional Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 60. p.p.p – Superior Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 70. p.p.p. – Jr. Suite DBL or SLG
+ US$ 25. p.p.p – Huayna Picchu entrance fee (book in advance this extra option with your hike package)
+ US$ 75. P.P.P – Vistadome Train (One Way)
+ US$ 120. p.p.p – Vistadome Train (Round Trip)
Add optional Items
US$ 10. Sleeping bag
US$ 5. Walking pole
US$ 10. Inflatable mattress
US$ 15. Single tent supplement
US$ 40. Extra 7 kg/15 lb. of personal items
TRAIN TIMES: On the second day you will be taking the 2:55 PM, 4.36 PM, 7:00 PM or 9:00 PM train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Machu Picchu Travel 3 Days WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $250 per person deposit needed. All deposits are fully non-refundable. Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu Travel We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
The amount to deposit to reserve and secure your space is specified according to the number of customers “We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler”
2 ppl p/person
- 4 ppl p/person $ 535
3 ppl p/person
- 5 ppl p/person $ 510
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Trekking Huchuy Qosqo 3 Day
|Duration:||3 Day and 2 Night|
|Sites to visit:||Original Inca Trail via Ccoccor, Puca Marca, Leo Punko sites, Huchuy Qosqo temple, and Machu Picchu|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (hiking - trekking), Archeological, Camping, Cultural.|
|Recommended group size:||Min (2 Hikers), Max. (16 Ppl.)|
|Highlight:||Huchuy Qosqo, an ancient Inca settlement perched within the folds of the Peruvian Andes near the Sacred Valley. Venture off the beaten path, witness untouched Inca Trail, and explore picturesque Inca sites, and fully enjoy the mountain landscapes.|
|Location:||It lies at an elevation of 3,650 meters (11,980 feet), overlooking the Sacred Valley and 3 km / 1.9 mile west and above the town of Lamay at an elevation of 2,920 m / 9,580 feet.|
|Physical Level:||3 Day and 2 Night|
|Total Travel Distance:||22 km / 13.6 mile|
|Departures:||Any day with two people min.|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 10.|