Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley is for those who like a challenging hiking adventure. The hike is qualified as a hard trek by professionals because the high elevation of the Andes and the trail we follow makes the trek a difficult one. If you want to challenge your physical condition, this is for you. On the Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley we visit a Incan site called Wiracocha named for the 8th Inca ruler. The site also includes a temple.
You can read our Huchuy Qosqo Information page
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley Overview
- Early morning pickup at your hotel
- Private transfer to the trailhead “Cupper Alto”
- Experience trekking in the Andes and the Inca Trail
- Walking distance: 16 km/10 mi.
- Estimated duration: 6 hours
- Highest point: 4426 m/14,520 ft.
- Location: the Andes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Difficulty: challenging “Huchuy Qosqo Hike near Machu Picchu adventure”
Welcome to Huchuy Qosqo Hike near Machu Picchu adventure
Day 1: Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley
Early in the morning at 7 AM we pick you up from your hotel. Your professional guide and the driver come to meet you at the lobby of your hotel. Then by transport we go to Piuray lake via Chinchero road. At Cupper Alto, there is a small settlement called Taucca, which is the starting point of the hike. First we follow the ancient Inca trail towards the summit 4426 m/14,520 ft. The beaten track is excellent for hiking, but for sure everybody goes at a slow pace because of the high elevation of the Andes mountains. Because the downhill is a steep incline, we recommend that you bring a pair of hiking poles for this trek (or you can rent them from us).
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley is 2 hours and a half we reach the top. On the pass there are giant Apachetas (ritual stones). If you want carry a stone from the beginning of the trek to offer to the Mountain gods, then it is another 15 minutes of hiking to the actual highest point. The rest of the trek is downhill for 4 hours. The vistas from here are the best of the trek, with a Sacred Valley view. The Inca site has other interconnected Inca trail around this areas and having many Inca houses, ritual areas, the house of the 8th Inca ruler Wiracocha, and Inca guard houses.
Important note: This challenging trek is one day, but if you want to carry on to Machu Picchu for a 2 day tour, we can organize this for you. Make sure, however, that you book this additional day when you make your original reservation.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley Included
- Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley 1 day
- Trek briefing with your guide.
- Excellent English speaking tour guide
- Second tour guide for groups of 9+
- Private tourist transport (minivan for 5 people, van for 12 people, or bus for 20 people)
- All entrance tickets to the attractions “Huchuy Qosqo tickets”
- Huchuy Qosqo guided tour
- All pick-ups (pick up and drop off at your hotel)
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern Inka motor coach
- Meals: a box lunch per hiker
- Oxygen tank & First aid kit during Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley
- All local taxes
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley Does Not Included
- Meals where it is not stated
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages or snacks
- Phone calls/Radio calls or messages
- Insurance of any kind
- Tips “Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley”
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley Bring
- A good daypack: appropriate pack to carry your personal belongings such as Eagle Creek Afar Backpack
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required)
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- 1 pair of trekking pants (not jeans)
- 1 rain jacket (even if we are in the dry season)
- 1 warm winter jacket
- 1 pair of underwear, 2 pairs of socks (Bamboo or cotton/nylon-blend socks dry faster than 100 percent cotton)
- 2 t-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camelback
- Camera and film
- Bandages or moleskin
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips for your staff.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley 1 Day
- 2 ppl group US$ 150.00 p/person.
- 3 ppl group US$ 120.00 p/person.
- 4 ppl group US$ 110.00 p/person.
- 5 ppl group US$ 100.00 p/person.
- 6 ppl group US$ 90.00 p/person.
- 7 ppl group US$ 80.00 p/person.
- 8 ppl group US$ 70.00 p/person.
- 9 ppl group US$ 55.00 p/person.
- 10 + ppl group US$ 50.00 p/person.
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley 1 Day WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $50 per person deposit needed. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley a Day – The amount to deposit to reserve and secure your space is specified according to the number of customers “We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler”
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Close Sacred Valley 1 Day
|Sites to visit:||Huchuy Qosqo site, Inca trail to Sacred Valley|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (Hiking and Trekking), Cultural, archaeological, and Ecological|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 2 People, Maximum 12 people|
|Highlight:||Huchuy Qosqo, an ancient Inca settlement perched within the folds of the Peruvian Andes near the Sacred Valley. Venture off the beaten path, witness untouched Inca Trail, and explore picturesque Inca sites, and fully enjoy the mountain landscapes.|
|Location:||It lies at an elevation of 3,650 meters (11,980 feet), overlooking the Sacred Valley and 3 km / 1.9 mile west and above the town of Lamay at an elevation of 2,920 m / 9,580 feet.|
|Physical Level:||1 Day|
|Total Travel Distance:||16 km / 10 mile|
|Departures:||Any day with two customers minimum, so you can leave when it suits you best|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 14|