Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu
Salkantay Trek 5 Days to Machu Picchu is located in an Andean Mountain, and it is the highest peak of the Cordillera Vilcabamba (North side of Cusco). The Vilcabamba Mountain range is a part of the Peruvian Andes in South America. This peak is 64 kilometers / 40 miles Northwest of Cusco city.
Salkantay Trek 5 Days is the second most popular hike in Cusco and Peru. Lot of people chooses this trek now days, because you will pass through more scenic places in this trek with many bio ecosystems and micro-climates of the Andes Peru.
This one is bit more challenging too, and all terrain trail. Acclimatization is very important here as you have to pass through (4650 m / 15,250 ft). Some people from the world like it very much, because it is not over crowded like the classic Inca trail. The famous Salkantay Trek, named among the 25 best Treks in the World, by National Geographic Adventure Travel Magazine, is a trek open to everybody, with no limitation on spaces or permits (at least for now).
Connecting the city of Mollepata, Cusco with Machu Picchu, the Salkantay Trek is an ancient and remote footpath located in the same region as the Inca Trail where massive snow-capped mountains collide with lush tropical rain forests. This trek is better suited for more adventure trekkers who are able to handle a little bit more higher than the classic Inca trail altitude and distance. The Andes journey takes you up, and along Salkantay valleys, and mountains “Salcantay is the second largest mountain in the Cusco City (Altitude 6280 meter / 20,603 feets) Our Salkantay Trek 6 Days to Machu Picchu is for you, Take it right now.
FAQs: Inca Trail.- via Soraypampa, SALKANTAY trek includes a 3 star Hotel on day 4 (ANDINA LUXURY).
Salkantay Trek 5 Days – Overview
You can have a quick view of our trek Salkantay Trek 5 Days to Machu Picchu, you can see day by day places to visit
- DAY 1: Soraypampa to Suyroccocha camp
- DAY 2: Suyroccocha to Challway (Chaullay ) camp
- DAY 3: Challway to La Playa camp
- DAY 4: Llactapata pass – to Aguas Calientes Town
- DAY 5: Machu Picchu tour
DAY 1: Soraypampa to Suyroccocha camp
We begin early in the morning; we have to pick up you from your hotel in Cusco, and transfer you by Kondor private transport to Mollepata village; during the journey we will be passing some traditional villages and towns like Poroy, Izcuchaca, Compone Ancahuasi, Limatambo, and Mollepata village, all of them are located on highlands plateaus of the Andes with nicer landscapes, and spectacular views from the Salkantay and Humantay snow-capped mountains that belong to the cordillera of Vilcabamba. Already at Mollepata we stop just 30 minute to take a cup of coffee by own selves, and time for stretching our legs (three hour to there), then we have to carry on following the dirt road to Soraypampa (two hours more), here it is start of trek; the trail climbs a little up from Soraypampa passing through the green or yellow pastures (depends the season you are coming), also has beautiful valley trekking just below the majestic snow-capped mountain named Salkantay; the last part section trek becomes steep zigzagging to Suyroccocha camp. On the first night camp, hikers will sleep not too far away from the snow-capped peak “chili night but only one day, every day it is different” Salkantay 5 Days Trek
- Early morning pick you up from your hotel
- Private transfer to the trailhead “Soraypampa”
- Lunch at Soraypampa, and starting point of trek
- Accommodation: Suyroccocha Camp
- Walking Distance 08 km / 4.96 miles
- Estimated duration: 3 hours Hike
- Highest point: Suyroccocha 4,400 m / 14, 435 ft.
- Campsite elevation Suyroccocha 4,400 m / 14, 435 ft. Near the Salcantay snow mountain
- Weather: Cold
- Location: The Andes
- Trail Conditions is rocky, dusty, and slippery, the trekking shoes required for sure
- Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
- Meals:Lunch, Dinner
DAY 2: Suyroccocha to Challway (Chaullay ) camp
The second day you will have more down than up hike trail. While you work a bit harder to get the summit, the views at the top are even more astonishing than we can see. Then it is pure downhill trek with full stones, descending into a more reach tropical jungle area on the far side of the Salkantay mountain.
Today after a delicious wake calls with a glass of hot Coca tea into your tents to alleviate the cold morning. We prepare all our equipment to start this beautiful day trek towards Salcantay pass and the experience into the cloud forest and subtropical jungle day trek.
- Hiking towards the highest Pass and then into the Cloud Forest
- Accommodation: Challway Camp.
- Walking Distance 16 km / 9.92 miles
- Estimated duration: 6 hours Hike
- Highest point: Salcantay Pass 4650m / 15, 255 ft.
- Campsite elevation Challway 2,875 m / 9, 432 ft
- Weather: Cold to warm
- Location: The Andes
- Trail Conditions is rocky, dusty, and slippery
- Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner at Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu
DAY 3: Challway to La Playa camp
Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu is a lovely morning mountain scenery, today is a green and a reach nature trail to La Playa; with some River that they are tributaries of the main River of the Sacred Valley of the Incas “Urubamba River” and most of the time we will be close to the white river of Salcantay finding in our hike a lot of wild strawberries “both sides of the path, of course if it the season”, plenty flowers, wild flowers, Orchids, some birds, passions fruit plantation, avocados, coffee plantation, bananas, pineapples, etc. The hike will last approximately 5 hours; the campsite is at La Playa settlement.
- Trekking around the sub-tropical and rain-forest
- Accommodation: La Playa Camp
- Walking Distance 16 km / 9.92 miles
- Estimated duration: 5 hours Hike
- Campsite elevation La Playa 2,100 m / 6,889 ft
- Weather: hot
- Trail Conditions is rocky, dusty, and slippery
- Difficulty: Moderate to Easy
- Be careful with mosquitoes
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 4: Llactapata pass – to Aguas Calientes Town
Leaving La Playa very early in the morning to avoid the humid sun hit, for trekking freshly towards our last pass of the whole trip. Today we follow the original Inca road of Lucmabamba to Llactapata Pass, across the Santa Teresa Valley with a wider variety of landscapes (green nature and a tranquil Inca trail). Arriving at the Patallacta ruins, we have the first glimpse of Machu Picchu and all the Andes Mountains of the area that are incredibly amazing views. We also explore the Llactapata Incan site. Then we descend through lush bamboo and coffee forests (Aobamba Valley) along a switchback path to Hydro (two hours of extreme downhill path to the river bank). From the Aobamba River the path to Hydro is easy walking to Aguas Calientes village “the last two hours and a half we follow the train track”.
- Trekking into the tropical and the cloud forest jungle
- Walk on original Inca Trail to Llactapata, then to Aguas Calientes villages.
- Explore Llactapata Incan ruin and take the first glimpse of Machu Picchu
- Accommodation: Aguas Calientes Overnight
- Walking Distance 16 km / 9.92 miles
- Estimated duration: 7 hours Hike
- Highest point: Llactapata PASS 3000 m / 9,842 ft.
- Difficulty: Easy/Moderate to Challenging
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
DAY 5: Machu Picchu tour
Early breakfast and pickup to go by touristic shared bus to Machu Picchu, the trip takes about 30 minutes. During the trip we will have an amazing view of the landscapes of the Sacred Valley of Urubamba, and the Amazon rain-forest providing you a small hint of how much Peru has to offer. Upon arrival to Machu Picchu the “Lost City of the Incas” you have a nice guided tour for visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sun Dial “Intiwatana”, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, and various burial grounds, then at the right time, you will go down to the town of Aguas Calientes village to take the train that will return you to Ollantaytambo village and then by transport to the City of Cusco. Reception at the train station and transfer to your accommodation.
- Early breakfast at your hotel
- Bus, or hiking up to Machu Picchu (by bus 25 minutes, by foot 1.5 hours)
- 2 – 3 hours Machu Picchu walking guided tour “No free time in Machu Picchu after guided tour – New rule 2017”
- Climb to Huayna Picchu (Optional – book in advance with us) 7 AM or 10 AM
- PM back by bus to Aguas Calientes village
- PM train back service from Machu Picchu train station to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train times: at 2:55 PM, 4:45 PM, or 6:45 PM depending on availability at Peru Rail / Inca rail
- PM or night transfer service from Ollantaytambo to Cusco city by car
- Difficulty: Mountain Spirit Machu Picchu
- Meals: Breakfast
Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu Included
- The Salkantay Trail to Machu Picchu 5d
- Trek briefing with your Guide.
- Professional Kondor Guide.
- Second tour guide for groups of 9+
- Private Transport and professional driver (to the starting point of hike “at Soraypampa”)
- Horses / mules and Indigenous horsemen to carry ((camping equipment: client tents, dining and cooking tents, table, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas container, cutlery, plates, food and fresh vegetables).
- 1 train Ticket Service from Machu Picchu pueblo to Ollantaytambo Village (Inca Rail / Peru Rail).
- 2 bus Tickets from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu Park (round trip).
- Machu Picchu entrance ticket.
- Machupicchu guided tour (2 hrs) and extra time for you.
- Personal items to carry 8 kg/17 lb. (so you just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day).
- 3 nights camping
- Spacious tents, and Sleeping mat.
- 1 night in a Hotel 3 star in Aguas Calientes. Sierra Andina group (ANDINA LUXURY) based on sharing a room; either double, matrimonial or triple depending on availability. SIA brand rooms all include private bathrooms with hot showers and Wi-Fi after the Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu.
- We provide a duffle for personal items.
- One Cook
- Excellent Meals (4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners)
- Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice, all before rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request).
- Tea time before dinner (tea, coffee, coco, biscuits, popcorn) Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day (for drinking).
- Wake up coca tea in your tent.
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel
- Kondor Path Tours uses walkie-talkies on all treks.
- Oxygen Tank & First aid kit
- All local taxes
- Note: No permission is needed for Salkantay Trek except for Machu Picchu we encourage our clients to book this trekking in advance.
Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu Does Not Included
- Sleeping bag.
- Water on Day 1
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Breakfast on Day 1, Dinner on Day 4, Lunch on Day 5
- Train ride from Hydro to Aguas Calientes village cost US $ 24. p.p.p “Only if you can not walk anymore”
- Waynapicchu Mountain
- Tips: Guide, Cook, Horseman.
What to bring to the Salkantay Trek 5 Days
- A good day pack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack –appropriate packs (to carry your personal belongings).
- Original passport (International Student Identity Card “ISIC” it is applicable).
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required).
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support) Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu
- 2 pairs of Trekking pants “not jeans”, 1 hiking, 1 cotton–which is just enough, please spray both pairs with an insect repellent spray the clothes before the trip.
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night in your Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu
- 1 rain jacket: The first night the temperature can be as – 5 degrees Celsius / 41 degrees Fahrenheit, the rain jacket can be helpful, because there are raining days (even if we are in dry season!).
- 1 warm / winter jacket (Thermals: wool socks/ gloves / scarf and woolen hat for cold nights).
- 2 pairs of underwear, 3 pairs of socks (Bamboo or cotton/nylon-blend socks dry faster than 100 percent cotton, which lose their softness when air-dried.) it is nice to have a couple of extra pairs of socks to change into at night when you’re not hiking. Also, we recommend bringing both really heavy hiking socks and lighter socks as well, the weather is all over the place, so you want to make sure you’re not too cold or overheating.
- 2 t-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts
- 1 Good sleeping bag liner, it is super lightweight and easy to pack, definitely does its job! Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu.
- Travel-size tissues and wet wipes–The air is cold and damp, so your nose is going to run a lot. Everyone seems to run out of tissues by the end of the trek. Also, most bathrooms do not have toilet paper (if you even get a bathroom), so wet wipes are key in Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended) for the Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need, but it doesn’t work very well. The issue with Cusco outdoor is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are these small flies you can’t even see that leave weird bites that first look like you pricked your finger and then blow up into itchy red bumps. Unfortunately, these bugs seem to bite you no matter what kind of spray you put on during your Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camel back
- Water (only on first day hike, then we will provide you throughout the hike).
- Camera and film “Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu”
- A headlamp to navigate camp in the evenings and pre-dawn mornings with spare batteries
- Bandages or moleskin
- Flip flips to change into at night – your toes will thank you!
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, Toothpaste/Floss, Shampoo/conditioner, Brush/comb, Vaseline (for feet great for potential blisters), Feminine hygiene products, Deodorant, Nail clippers/file/tweezers, Spare glasses and/or prescription, mini-eyeglass repair kit, or contact lenses and supplies, Hand sanitizer etc.–which you need, but pack light. “Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu”
- Medication (Imodium AD or something for your stomach, some people get an upset stomach at one on the trek, with 8-10 hours of hiking each day, you need to get over whatever the day throws at you quickly, so bring some meds.), etc.
- Plastic bags for dirty and wet clothes
- Something to read in the evenings
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips to your staff in your Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu.
Group and Private Prices to Salkantay Trek 5 Days to Machu Picchu
- GROUP SERVICE: US$ 720. p/person. “Operated by Kondor Path Tours, our groups are not shared with third parties”
- PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 850. p/person.
Price – Deals for hiking groups – Requirement: Book the Salkantay Trail together as a group!
- 5 ppl group US$ 620.00 p/person.
- 6 ppl group US$ 580.00 p/person.
- 7 ppl group US$ 560.00 p/person.
- 8 ppl group US$ 520.00 p/person.
- 9 ppl group US$ 515.00 p/person.
- 10 ppl group US$ 505.00 p/person.
- 11 ppl group US$ 495.00 p/person.
- 12 ppl group US$ 480.00 p/person.
- 13 ppl group US$ 465.00 p/person.
- 14 ppl group US$ 460.00 p/person.
- 15 ppl group US$ 450.00 p/person.
- 16 ppl group US$ 445.00 p/person.
*Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
RESPONSIBLE Salkantay trek OPERATOR, we are Specialists, working with Mollepata LOCAL PEOPLE (Sensitive & Sustainable Machu Picchu Company).
Salkantay Upgrade options
Hotel Note: We do not include PayPal 6% merchant fee (paid by the traveler).
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
+ US$ 530. p.p.p DBL / US$ 944. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View
+ US$ 670. p.p.p DBL / US$ 1,188. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View & Terrace
+ US$ 920. p.p.p DBL / US$ 1,503. SLG -Suites
El Mapi Hotel Machu Picchu by Inkaterra
+ US$ 65. p.p.p – Superior Deluxe DBL or SLG
+ US$ 90. p.p.p – Suite DBL or SLG
Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu
+ US$ 50. p.p.p – Traditional Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 60. p.p.p – Superior Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 70. p.p.p. – Jr. Suite DBL or SLG
Add optional Items
US$ 25. p.p.p – Huayna Picchu entrance fee (book in advance this extra option with your hike package).
US$ 75. P.P.P – Vistadome Train (One Way).
US$ 25 p.p.p – Sleeping Bag (4 season, Maximum size 1.95 m / 6´4″).
US$ 25 p.p.p – Pair of Walking poles.
US$ 25 p.p.p – Air Mattress(rent for 3 nights).
US$ 75 p.p.p – Single Tent Supplement (rent for 3 nights).
US$ 180 p.p.p – Ful Mule to carry 14 kg of personal items.
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Salkantay Trek Price Machu Picchu 5 Days WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $250 per person deposit needed. All deposits are fully non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
The amount to deposit to reserve and secure your space is specified according to the number of customers “We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler”
- Salkantay Trek 5 Day
- Salkantay Trek 5 Day
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Offers for organized groups!
|Duration:||5 Day and 4 Night|
|Sites to visit:||Discover Mollepata which is where is the famous Salcantay. Soraypampa 3900 m, Collpapampa 3300 m “place where we find hot springs”. Lucmabamba “jungle”, Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu “lost city of the Incas”|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (hiking and trekking), Archeological, Camping, Cultural and Ecological.|
|Recommended group size:||Max 16, Min 2.|
|Highlight:||Amazing Salkantay mountain scenery, with rich flora and wildlife to Machu Picchu city.|
|Location:||About 60 km - 40 mile west-northwest of the city of Cusco|
|Physical Level:||5 Day and 4 Night|
|Total Travel Distance:||56 km / 34.7 mile|
|Departures:||Any day with two people min.|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.|