Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator
Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator: Faced with new restrictions and limits on classic Inca routes to Machu Picchu in recent years, we can still offer you this fantastic trek and hike of Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu. Along the way you can appreciate the best scenery in South America Peru. The micro-climates of this zone are unique every day and if you are looking for an adventure and camping, nature and glaciers, jungles and a hot spring, we think this is for you. A trek–the best of the best Welcome to Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator with Kondor Path Tours.
THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO VISIT SALKANTAY, FAMED FOR ITS DISTINCT BEAUTY, AND INTRIGUINGLY MYSTERIOUS HISTORY.
FAQs: Trail.- via Mollepata, SALKANTAY trek includes a 3 star Hotel on day 3 (ANDINA LUXURY).
- Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa To Suyroccocha
- Day 2: Suyroccocha To Challway
- Day 3: Challway to Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Day 4: Machu Picchu Expedition Tour
Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa To Suyroccocha
Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator. We start early in the morning we board our Kondor bus, a transport that has air conditioners to keep us in comfortable and help us to enjoy our journey to Mollepata town. At Mollepata we have our first stop, a free half hour for relaxing our legs and drinking a cup of coffee or eating an optional breakfast. (Mollepata was the first place in Colonial time where the Spaniards were planted grapes to obtain wine.) Then we carry on by our transport to Soraypampa, the starting point of our adventure hike. During the trek we appreciate the diversity of the Andes mountains and new tropical glaciers. At night after dinner we might also appreciate the starry Inca sky, exploring the milky way of the Andean constellation.
We recommend that you bring the best adventure wear for camping and trekking, because at night it may be super cold.
- Early morning pickup from your hotel
- Private transfer to the trailhead “Soraypampa”
- Lunch at Soraypampa and starting point of trek
- Accommodation: Suyroccocha Camp
- Walking Distance: 8 km/4.96 miles
- Estimated duration: 3 hours hike
- Highest point: Suyroccocha 4,400 m/14, 435 ft.
- Campsite elevation: Suyroccocha 4,400 m/14,435 ft. (Near the Salcantay snow mountain.)
- Weather: Cold
- Location: The Andes
- Trail Conditions: rocky, dusty, and slippery. Trekking shoes definitely required.
- Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Suyroccocha To Challway
Today is the day to conquer the Andes of Salkantay. On top of the Mountain we will have a ceremony to the Mountains gods, using the sacred leaves of Coca. Then we start descending the great mountain: five hours of downhill where the terrain is rocky, muddy, sandy, wet (passing some creeks and through different zones. Today we enter into the cloud forest, a place where we have an astonishing views.
We recommend that you bring the best light hiking shoes and hiking poles Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator.
- Hiking towards the highest Pass and then into the Cloud Forest of Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator
- Accommodation: Challway Camp.
- Walking Distance: 16 km/9.92 miles
- Estimated duration: 6 hour hike
- Highest point: Salcantay Pass 4650m/15,255 ft.
- Campsite elevation Challway 2,875 m/9,432 ft
- Weather: Cold to warm
- Location: The Andes
- Trail Conditions: rocky, dusty, and slippery
- Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Challway to Machu Picchu Pueblo
Today in the Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator need to wake up very early at 4:30 am so we can start to walk the Classic Inka trail at 5:30 am. After 40 minutes of trek following the dirt road, we enjoy 40 minutes at the Thermal bath of Collpa pampa with its medicinal hot water which is the best. After this refreshing break, we continue exploring the tropical jungle for 16 km. During the trek we find wild strawberry, passion fruit, avocado, red coffee, and other delicious fruits and plants. At Loretta is the starting point of another dirt road, where our local transport is going to wait for us, to transfer all the hikers to la Playa. At La Playa we have our last lunch with our professional cook, then we carry on by local transport towards Hydro (1 hour and a half), where we immediately board the train service at 3 pm or 4.30 pm to Machu Picchu Pueblo, and we organize the next day’s tour in Machu Picchu.
- Trekking around the sub-tropical and rainforest
- Walking Distance: 16 km/9.92 miles
- Meals: at La Playa Sawayaco
- Estimated duration: 5 hour hike
- Trek from Challway to La Playa
- After lunch, a transfer service from La Playa to Hydro by a local transport
- PM board the train service to Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Weather: hot
- Trail Conditions: rocky, dusty, and slippery
- Difficulty: Moderate to Easy
- Be prepared for mosquitoes
- Aguas Calientes overnight
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 4: Machu Picchu Expedition Tour
After the Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator we will take an early breakfast at your hotel, we board the bus service to the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. For two hours today we explore Machu Picchu, possibly the best part of your Peruvian tour, and learn why it is so famous. All of this is done with our expert guide. The walking tour includes plenty of steps made of rock, so training at home would be helpful for this part of the tour. Also if you can book in advance to climb Waynapicchu mountain as part of the tour. During the afternoon you will return to Cusco, first by train and then by Kondor transport to your hotel, End of Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator.
- Early breakfast at your hotel
- Bus or hiking up to Machu Picchu (by bus 25 minutes, by foot 1.5 hours)
- 2 hour tour for exploring Machu Picchu with your guide and then free time for you
- Climb to Huayna Picchu (Optional – book in advance with us) 7 AM or 10 AM
- PM return by bus to Aguas Calientes village
- PM train return service from Machu Picchu train station to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train times: at 2:55 PM, 4:45 PM, or 6:45 PM depending on availability at Peru Rail/Inca rail
- PM or night transfer service from Ollantaytambo to Cusco city by car
- Difficulty: Mountain Spirit with Machu Picchu and Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator
- Meals: Breakfast
Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator to Machu Picchu Includes
- The Salkantay Trail to Machu Picchu 4d
- Trek briefing with your guide.
- Professional and experienced guide (on hike & Machu Picchu).
- Second tour guide for groups of 9+
- Private transport and professional driver (to the starting point of hike “at Soraypampa”)
- Horses – mules and indigenous horsemen to carry camping equipment: client tents, dining and cooking tents, table, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas container, cutlery, plates, food and fresh vegetables.
- Machu Picchu entrance ticket.
- 1 train Ticket Service from Hydro to Machu Picchu Pueblo.
- 1 train Ticket Service from Machu Picchu Pueblo to Ollantaytambo Village (Expedition Tourist Train).
- 2 bus tickets from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu Park (round trip).
- Machu Picchu guided tour (2 hrs.) and extra free time for you.
- Personal items to carry: 8 kg/17 lb. (So you just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day.)
- 2 nights camping / Spacious tents & Sleeping mat.
- 1 night in a Hotel 2 star in Aguas Calientes. Sierra Andina group (El Presidente, Continental) based on sharing a room; either double, matrimonial or triple depending on availability. SIA brand rooms all include private bathrooms with hot showers and Wi-Fi.
- We provide a duffle for personal items for the Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator.
- One cook
- Excellent Meals (3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners)
- Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice, all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request).
- Tea time before dinner (tea, coffee, coco, biscuits, popcorn)
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day (for drinking).
- Wake up to coca tea in your tent.
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel
- Kondor Path Tours uses walkie-talkies on all treks.
- Oxygen Tank & First aid kit
- All local taxes
Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator does not Include
- Water on Day 1
- Energy snacks which can be very useful such as chocolate bars, dried fruits, trail mix, etc.
- Breakfast on Day 1, Dinner on Day 3, Lunch on Day 4
- Tips: Guide, Cook, Horseman
Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator Bring
- A good daypack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack or an appropriate pack (to carry your personal belongings).
- Original passport (International Student Identity Card “ISIC” it is applicable).
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required) for the Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator.
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- 2 pairs of Trekking pants “not jeans,” 1 hiking, 1 cotton–which are just enough. Please spray both pairs with an insect repellent spray before the trip.
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at nights in Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator
- 1 rain jacket: The first night the temperature can be as low as – 5 degrees Celsius/41 degrees Fahrenheit, so the rain jacket can be helpful. There can be rainy days (even if we are in dry season).
- 1 warm/winter jacket (Thermals: wool socks/gloves/scarf and woolen hat for cold nights).
- 2 pairs of underwear, 3 pairs of socks (Bamboo or cotton/nylon-blend socks dry faster than 100 percent cotton, which lose their softness when air-dried.) It is nice to have a couple of extra pairs of socks to change into at night when you’re not hiking. Also, we recommend bringing both really heavy hiking socks and lighter socks as well, as the weather is variable, so you want to make sure you’re not too cold or too hot.
- 2 t-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts
- 1 good sleeping bag liner, which is super lightweight and easy to pack. It definitely does its job!
- Travel-size tissues and wet wipes–The air is cold and damp, so your nose is going to run a lot. Everyone seems to run out of tissues by the end of the trek. Also, most bathrooms do not have toilet paper (if you even get a bathroom), so wet wipes are key.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need, but it doesn’t work very well. The issue with Cusco outdoors is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are these small flies you can’t even see that leave weird bites that first look like you pricked your finger and then blow up into itchy red bumps. Unfortunately, these bugs seem to bite you no matter what kind of spray you put on, so some anti-itch medication could be helpful.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camel back
- Water (only for first day of the hike, as we will provide you with water for the remainder of the hike).
- Camera and film.
- A headlamp to navigate camp in the evenings and pre-dawn mornings with spare batteries
- Bandages or moleskin
- Flip flops to change into at night – your toes will thank you!
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, toothpaste/floss, shampoo/conditioner, brush/comb, Vaseline (for feet great for potential blisters), feminine hygiene products, deodorant, nail clippers/file/tweezers, spare glasses and/or prescription, mini-eyeglass repair kit, contact lenses if required and supplies, hand sanitizer etc.–which you need, but pack light for this wonderful hike.
- Medication (Imodium AD or something for your stomach. Some people get an upset stomach on the trek. With 8-10 hours of hiking each day, you need to get over whatever the day throws at you quickly, so bring some meds.)
- Plastic bags for dirty and wet clothes
- Something to read in the evenings.
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, & tips to your staff.
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
- GROUP SERVICE: Minimum Required: 3 hikers minimum – US$ 690. p/person. “Operated by Kondor Path Tours, our groups are not shared with third parties”
- PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 810.
Price – Deals for hiking groups – Requirement: Book the Salkantay Trip together as a group!
- 5 ppl group US$ 620.00 p/person.
- 6 ppl group US$ 580.00 p/person.
- 7 ppl group US$ 560.00 p/person.
- 8 ppl group US$ 520.00 p/person.
- 9 ppl group US$ 515.00 p/person.
- 10 ppl group US$ 505.00 p/person.
- 11 ppl group US$ 495.00 p/person.
- 12 ppl group US$ 480.00 p/person.
- 13 ppl group US$ 465.00 p/person.
- 14 ppl group US$ 460.00 p/person.
- 15 ppl group US$ 450.00 p/person.
- 16 ppl group US$ 445.00 p/person.
*Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
RESPONSIBLE Salkantay trekking OPERATOR, we are Specialists, working with Mollepata NATIVE PEOPLE (Sensitive & Sustainable Machu Picchu Company).
Hotel Note: We do not include PayPal 6% merchant fee (paid by the traveler).
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
+ US$ 530. p.p.p DBL / US$ 944. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View
+ US$ 670. p.p.p DBL / US$ 1,188. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View & Terrace
+ US$ 920. p.p.p DBL / US$ 1,503. SLG -Suites
El Mapi Hotel Machu Picchu by Inkaterra
+ US$ 65. p.p.p – Superior Deluxe DBL or SLG
+ US$ 90. p.p.p – Suite DBL or SLG
Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu
+ US$ 50. p.p.p – Traditional Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 60. p.p.p – Superior Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 70. p.p.p. – Jr. Suite DBL or SLG
+ US$ 25. p.p.p – Huayna Picchu entrance fee (book in advance this extra option with your hike package!!!).
+ US$ 75. P.P.P – Vistadome Train (One Way)
+ US$ 120. p.p.p – Vistadome Train (Round Trip)
Add Optional Items
- US$ 25 Sleeping bag (rent for 2 nights)
- US$ 20 Walking pole (rent for 3 days)
- US$ 20 Inflatable mattress (rent for 2 nights)
- US$ 50 Single tent supplement (rent for 2 nights)
- US$ 75 Extra 7 kg/15 lb. of personal items (rent a donkey for 2 days and a half)
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N Notes
The Train departs: On the fourth day at 2:55, 4.42 or 6:20 PM from Aguas Calientes village to Ollantaytambo train station and then a transfer service to Cusco.
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Salkantay Trail Peru Tour Operator 4D WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $250 per person deposit needed. All deposits are fully non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
The amount to deposit to reserve and secure your space is specified according to the number of customers “We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler”
- Salkantay Trek 4 Day
- Salkantay Trek 4 Day
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Offers for organized groups!
|Duration:||4 Days and 3 Night|
|Sites to visit:||Discover Mollepata which is where is the famous Salcantay. Soraypampa 3900 m, Collpapampa 3300 m “place where we find hot springs”. Lucmabamba “jungle”, Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu.|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (hiking and trekking), Archeological, Camping, Cultural and Ecological.|
|Recommended group size:||Max 16, Min 2.|
|Highlight:||Hiking alongside the Salkantay mt. and then arriving at the Inca site of Machu Picchu via Hydro|
|Location:||About 60 km / 40 mile west-northwest of the city of Cusco - Peru.|
|Physical Level:||4 Days and 3 Night|
|Total Travel Distance:||40 km / 24.8 mile|
|Departures:||Any day with two people min.|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.|