Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey
Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey “well known as Chancachuco Trail, or Socma Trail” this trail was built by the Incas and was used for hundreds of years to access Inca Trails. This adventure takes us through secluded an Andean waterfall, ancient Inca terraces, Andean communities, and exotic wildlife from the area. During the journey between Cusco to Socma, we will stop at Ñaupa Iglesia to visit an ancient altar of the Incas.
FAQs: Trail.- via Socma to Inca quarry, Chancachuco hike includes a 3 star Hotel on day 3 (ANDINA LUXURY)
- Day 1: Socma to Perolyniyoc – Rayan
- Day 2: Rayan to Inti Punko – Chancachuco
- Day 3: Cancachuco – Aguas Calientes village
- Day 4: Machu Picchu Tour
Day 1: Socma to Perolyniyoc – Rayan
Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey: We will pick you up from your hotel at 6:00 am and by Kondor transport we transfer you firstly to Raqchi lookout “great views of the Sacred Valley”; then we stop for a second time at Racca located in the sacred Valley of the Incas, for exploring Ñaupa Iglesia which was an important Inca Shrine! Then by transport we reach the Socma community. This community is nested in the heart of the Andes. At Socma, you will meet your horseman and donkeys; who will accompany you during the whole trek and partake in a picnic lunch overlooking the beautiful Andes mountainous scenery. Hiking uphill to Perolniyoc (1 hour and 20 minutes), where you can enjoy vistas of Socma Valley, Maras Plateau, and the snow-capped mountain of Chicon. You will also visit the Perolniyoc Waterfall “with its drop of 328 ft.” Then we will continue hiking up for another hour and visit the little Inca ruin of Qori Marca; this place also nowadays is called Perolniyoc Inca Site and it is perched at mid-altitude on a shelf high above the Socma Valley. We will camp at a spacious set of Inca terraces in a short distance up the valley and Andes.
- Early morning pickup from your hotel
- Private transfer to the trailhead “Socma 3,205 m / 10,512 ft.”
- A leisurely day hike
- Lunch at Perolniyoc Inca site
- Walking distance: 8 km / 5 miles
- Estimated duration: 4 hours trek
- Highest point: Rayan 3,700 meters/12,136 ft.
- Campsite elevation: 3,700 meters/12,136 ft.
- Weather: Cold
- Trail Conditions: rocky, dusty, and slippery. Trekking shoes definitely required.
- Difficulty: Moderate “Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey”
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Rayan to Inti Punko – Chancachuco
After breakfast, we will being our challenging day hike; during the morning we will pass across open meadows before reaching a zone of high altitude shrub-land which gives way to treeless grasslands known as Puna “ANDES” as our trail winds gently around mountain spurs following an undulating approach to the first pass called Puccaqasa 4,370 m / 14,333 ft. After breaking for a rest and a snack, we will continue through the small valley of Chancachuco, where we will have lunch next to Maracocha lagoon, after a Kondor picnic lunch, the Chancachuco Trek to Machu Picchu continue hiking up for ascending to your highest pass of the hike, Kuychicassa 4,457 m / 14,619 ft. for encountering stunning views of the Sacred Valley as we reach the imposing gateway of Inti Punko “Sun Gate” an Inca temple to worship Veronica snow capped and other sacred Mounts. We will camp facing a breathtaking Andes mountain near Chancachuco, 1 hour trek below the Inti Punko.
- A challenging day and the most gratifying hike day
- First the Puccaqasa Pass 4,370 m/ 14,333 ft.
- Second the Kuychicassa Pass 4,457 m/ 14,619 ft.
- Walking Distance: 14 km/9 miles
- Estimated duration: 9 hours
- Highest point: Kuychicassa 4,457 m/ 14,619 ft.
- Campsite elevation: Chancachuco 3820 m/ 12,532 ft.
- Weather: Very Cold! “Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey”
- Trail Conditions: rocky, dusty, and slippery
- Difficulty: Challenging hike
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Cancachuco – Aguas Calientes village
We start the day with a beautiful sunrise in the Andes and with a cup of Coca tea in your tents for exploring different sectors of the Inca quarries of Cachicata and a natural rock fall where massive carved blocks of pink rhyolite lie scattered in disarray. We walk to descend to a warmer climate to Ollantaytambo.
During the afternoon we board the train and follow the Urubamba River as it tumbles its way towards the Amazon of Aguas Calientes village “the town below Machu Picchu”.
- Easiest day trek “full downhill on Inca Path and near the Inca Quarry”
- Lunch at Ollantaytambo
- Walking Distance: 11 km/ 7 miles.
- Estimated duration: 4 hours
- Trail Conditions: nice Andes Path and Inca Trail.
- Overnight: At Aguas Calientes Village “the town below Machu Picchu”
- PM board a train service to Aguas Calientes village
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes Overnight (hostel).
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Machu Picchu Tour
Today is your chance to watch the sunrise at Machu Picchu from the guard house “great vistas of all Machu Picchu”
Machu Picchu Inca citadel guided tour takes 2 hours for exploring the marvelous Inca place made on Earth! Then you have a free time for you.
Then back to Aguas Calientes to take your return train to Ollantaytambo village then with a Kondor transport connection to Cusco city.
- Early breakfast at your hotel
- Bus, or hiking up to Machu Picchu (by bus 25 minutes, by foot 1.5 hours)
- 2 hours tour for exploring Machu Picchu with your guide, and then free time for you
- PM back by bus to Aguas Calientes village Chancachuco Trek to Machu Picchu.
- PM train return service from Machu Picchu train station to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train times: 2:55 PM, 4:45 PM, or 6:20 PM depending on availability at Peru Rail/Inca rail
- PM or night transfer service from Ollantaytambo to Cuzco city by car
- Difficulty: Mountain Spirit Machu Picchu
- Meals: Breakfast
Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey Includes
- Chancachuco Trek to Machu Picchu 4d/3n
- Trek briefing with your guide.
- Professional tour guide
- Second tour guide for groups of 9+.
- Private transport and professional driver (to the starting point of hike)
- Horses or mules and Indigenous horsemen to carry camping equipment, client tents, dining and cooking tents, table, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas container, cutlery, plates, food and fresh vegetables.
- Personal items to carry 7 kg/15.4 lb. (so you just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day).
- Machu Picchu entrance ticket.
- Machu Picchu guided tour (2 hrs.) and extra free time for you.
- 2 train tickets from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Premium).
- 2 bus tickets from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu Park (round trip).
- 2 nights camping in a spacious tents/Sleeping mat.
- 1 night in a Hostel in Aguas Calientes. Sierra Andina group (Andina, Presidente, Continental, or Machu Picchu) based on sharing a room; either double, matrimonial or triple depending on availability. SIA brand rooms all include private bathrooms with hot showers and Wi-Fi.
- We provide a duffle for personal items.
- One cook
- Excellent meals (3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners)
- Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, and rice, all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request)
- Tea time before dinner (tea, coffee, coco, biscuits, popcorn).
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day (for drinking).
- Wake up to coca tea in your tent.
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel
- Kondor Path Tours uses walkie-talkies on all treks.
- Oxygen Tank & First aid kit
- All local taxes
Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey Not Include
- Water on Day 1, just half day
- Energy snacks which can very useful such as chocolate and granola bars and dried fruits
- Breakfast on Day 1; Dinner in Day 3, Lunch on Day 4 “Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey”.
- Waynapicchu Mountain (Book in advance.)
- Tips: Guide, Cook, Porters, etc.
Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey Bring
- A good day-pack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack –appropriate packs to carry your personal belongings.
- Original passport (International Student Identity Card “ISIC” where applicable).
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required).
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support).
- 2 pairs of trekking pants (not jeans): 1 hiking, 1 cotton–which is just enough. Please spray both pairs with an insect repellent before the trip.
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- 1 rain jacket: The first night the temperature can be as – 5 degrees Celsius/41 degrees Fahrenheit. The rain jacket can be helpful, because there are rainy days even if we are in dry season!
- 1 warm/winter jacket.
- Thermals: wool socks, gloves, scarf, and woolen hat for cold nights.
- 3 pairs of underwear, 4 pairs of socks (Bamboo or cotton/nylon-blend socks dry faster than 100 percent cotton, which lose their softness when air-dried). Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey is nice to have a couple of extra pairs of socks to change into at night when you’re not hiking. Also, we recommend bringing both really heavy hiking socks and lighter socks because the weather is variable, so you want to make sure you’re not too cold or overheat.
- 2 t-shirts, 1 long sleeve shirts
- 1 good sleeping bag liner that is super lightweight and easy to pack for Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu JourneyDefinitely does its job!.
- Travel-size tissues and wet wipes–The air is cold and damp so your nose is going to run a lot. Everyone seems to run out of tissues by the end of the trek. Also, most bathrooms do not have toilet paper (if you even get a bathroom), so wet wipes are key.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need, but it doesn’t work very well. The issue with Cusco outdoors is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are these small flies you can’t even see that leave weird bites that first look like you pricked your finger and then blow up into itchy red bumps. Unfortunately, these bugs seem to bite you no matter what kind of spray you put on, so an anti-itch medication could be helpful.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camel back
- Water (only for first day hike). Then we will provide you with water throughout the hike.
- Camera and film.
- A headlamp to navigate camp in the evenings and pre-dawn mornings with spare batteries
- Bandages or moleskin.
- Flip flops to change into at night–your toes will thank you!
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste/floss, shampoo/conditioner, brush/comb, Vaseline (for feet great for potential blisters), feminine hygiene products, deodorant, nail clippers/file/tweezers, spare glasses and/or prescription, mini-eyeglass repair kit, contact lenses if required and supplies, hand sanitizer etc.–and whatever else you need, but pack light.
- Medication (Imodium AD or something for your stomach. Some people get an upset stomach on the trek. With 8-10 hours of hiking each day, you need to get over whatever the day throws at you quickly, so bring some meds.
- Plastic bags for dirty and wet clothes
- Something to read in the evenings.
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, & tips to your staff “Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey.
Chancachuco Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
- GROUP SERVICE: US$ 650. p/person. “Operated by Kondor Path Tours, our groups are not shared with third parties”
- PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 700. p/person.
*Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
*Our treks are “Operated by Kondor Path Tours, our groups are not shared with third parties”
Hotel Note: We do not include PayPal 6% merchant fee (paid by the traveler).
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
+ US$ 530. p.p.p DBL / US$ 944. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View
+ US$ 670. p.p.p DBL / US$ 1,188. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View & Terrace
+ US$ 920. p.p.p DBL / US$ 1,503. SLG -Suites
El Mapi Hotel Machu Picchu by Inkaterra
+ US$ 65. p.p.p – Superior Deluxe DBL or SLG
+ US$ 90. p.p.p – Suite DBL or SLG
Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu
+ US$ 50. p.p.p – Traditional Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 60. p.p.p – Superior Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 70. p.p.p. – Jr. Suite DBL or SLG
+ US$ 25. p.p.p – Huayna Picchu entrance fee (book in advance this extra option with your hike package)
+ US$ 75. P.P.P – Vistadome Train (One Way)
+ US$ 120. p.p.p – Vistadome Train (Round Trip)
Add Optional Items:
- US$ 25 Sleeping bag (rent for 2 nights).
- US$ 20 Walking pole (rent for 3 days).
- US$ 20 Inflatable mattress (rent for 2 nights).
- US$ 50 Single tent supplement (rent for 2 nights).
- US$ 75 Extra 7 kg/15 lb. of personal items (rent a donkey for 2 days and a half).
TRAIN TIMES: On the third day you will be taking the 2:55 PM, 4.36 PM or 7:00 PM train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes Chancachuco Trek to Machu Picchu.
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Chancachuco Trek Machu Picchu Journey 4 Days WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to email@example.com. There is a $250 per person deposit needed. All deposits are fully non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
The amount to deposit to reserve and secure your space is specified according to the number of customers “We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler”
- Chancachuco Trek 4D
- Chancachuco Trek 4D
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Chancachuco Trek 4 Day
|Duration:||4 Day and 3 Night|
|Sites to visit:||Naupa iglesia, Peroliyoc, Wayrac Punko sites and Machu Picchu|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (hiking - trekking), Archeological, Camping, and Cultural|
|Recommended group size:||Min (2 Hikers), Max. (16 Ppl.)|
|Highlight:||Hike through amazing scenery with waterfalls and ruins, Enjoy stunning panoramic views of breathtaking Andean valleys, Experience a unique Machu Picchu exploring, and Witness the work of the Incas at the Cachicata Quarry|
|Location:||Above Ollantaytambo (within the sacred valley) and northwest of the city of Cusco.|
|Physical Level:||4 Day and 3 Night|
|Total Travel Distance:||33 km / 20.5 mile|
|Departures:||Any day with two people min.|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.|