South Valley Tour Cusco
South Valley Tour Cusco in another Sacred Valley with interesting tour that offers an unbeatable mix of archaeological sites, such as Tipon and Pikillacta and local gastronomy. This tour is considered the new Gastronomic Route of Cusco’ is developing. Welcome to this sightseeing and outdoor tour Activities in South Valley Tour Cusco Tour.
- Sightseeing tours in Modern Inka motor coach with fuel
- Meeting Point: At your Hotel
- The tour starts from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- The Sistine chapel of America (Andahuaylillas).
- Rumicolca (main south entrance of Cuzco).
- Pikillacta (Pre-Inca citadel).
- Tipon (the Mater example of Incan hydraulic system of water)
- Around noon or the afternoon, you have a chance to try the Guinea pig (traditional dish of Cuzco) Optional at Tipon village “to affordable prices”
- End of tour at your Hotel
- Level: Easy
South Valley Tour Cusco Itinerary
At 9 AM we pick you up from your hotel, then by touristic vehicle we have to go towards Cusco South Valley, (we get cross along the entire Cuzco city), once already outside of Cusco you have nicer views of Andes nature (Pachamama Mountains), and some traditional villages and settlements, after one hour approximately we reach Andahuaylillas, built under an Inca temple shrine, the Colonial church, it is called as the Sistine Chapel of the Americans because its walls are painted in frescoes style, inside we have many canvases and painting, with colonial retables, the way to heaven and the way to hell are the best expression in art on a frescoes style (before the exit it can be seen) a simple church but very reach inside with all the ornamentation. Then using the same way we came to Andahuaylillas we have to back, just driving 12 minutes we will get Rumicolca, this it is a giant structure way entrance to Cuzco (the road path of Titicaca and Bolivia in ancient times), close to Rumicolca (the door of stones) it is Pikillacta (2 kilometers away), Pikillacta it written in Inca language (Quechua) and means the city of fleas, this it was an old Pre-Inca citadel of Wari Chanca culture, simple houses, they used regular stones to build up their places, and they used white plaster to cover all the wall houses, a small walk around the area (bring plenty water to drink).
Tipon village is located near the roadside; this little town has many restaurants, but all of them are selling guinea pigs in a grill or made in oven, welcome if you want to eat this traditional and ancestral dish, all the Cusco families are coming here to eat this meal, specially weekends “full restaurants”, Tipon village is optional to stop, then we have the last place to explore Tipon Incan site. In ancient times we had Master’s in different ways, and in this time at Tipon we can appreciate the Inca channels of water from the place, also we have Inca steps (steers), the main ritual fountain, Inca trails, and other fountains with Inca houses “South Valley Tour Cusco Tour”.
South Valley Tour Cusco Included
- Cuzco South Valley Tour Cusco 1 Day
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Private tourist transport (minivan for 5 people, van for 12 people or bus for 20 people)
- Comprehensive Guided sightseeing (personalized service)
- Excellent English speaking tour guide
- All pick-ups (pick up and drop off at your Hotel)
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern Inka motor coach
- All Local taxes
Cusco South Valley Tour Cusco Does Not Included
- Entrance fees to the sites: Tipon, Pikillacta is part of the tourist ticket (Cuzco Tourist Ticket 130 soles approx. US $ 45.00), same ticket can be used for Sacred Valley Tour
- Half price for students with ISIC card.
- Alternatively you can purchase a partial ticket 70.00 soles or USD 23.00 which allows a one day visit of just the 4 Archaeological sites if you are not planning to visit any of the Sacred Valley sites such as Pisac, Ollantaytambo, and Chinchero
- Andahuaylillas church entrance fees 15 Soles, or US $ 5
- Guinean Pig grill dish 50 soles, or approx. US $ 20.00 (full guinea pig restaurants at Tipon village)
For the Cusco South Valley Tour Cusco Bring
- Tennis Shoes.
- Rain poncho (Rain Season) “December to March”.
- Wind breaker.
- T-shirts / Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Camera / film.
- Cash in local currency to purchase items.
Cusco South Valley Tour Cusco 1 day
Private Reverse Sacred Valley Tour:
*We do not add other people in our group.
- 2 ppl group US$ 79.00 p/person.
- 3 ppl group US$ 77.00 p/person.
- 4 ppl group US$ 62.00 p/person.
- 5 ppl group US$ 57.00 p/person.
- 6 ppl group US$ 51.00 p/person.
- 7 ppl group US$ 45.00 p/person.
- 8 ppl group US$ 42.00 p/person.
- 9 ppl group US$ 40.00 p/person.
- 10 ppl group US$ 37.00 p/person.
- 11 ppl group US$ 35.00 p/person.
- 12 ppl group US$ 34.00 p/person.
- 13 ppl group + US$ 33.00 p/person.
You explore the southern valley of Cusco there are enigmatic places. On this trip, you will have the opportunity to taste the baked guinea pig (optional).
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
South Valley Tour Cusco WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to email@example.com. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
The amount to deposit to reserve and secure your space is specified according to the number of customers “We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler”
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
South Valley Tour Cusco
|Duration:||Almost a full day|
|Sites to visit:||The Sistine chapel of America (Andahuaylillas), Rumipunko (main south entrance of Cuzco), Pikillacta (Pre-Inca citadel), Tipon (the Mater example of Incan hydraulic system of water).|
|Tour Style:||Archeological and Cultural|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 2 People, Maximum 22 people|
|Highlight:||Private guide for a more personalized experience, enjoyable and historical places on earth, and Amazing mountain scenery|
|Location:||South of the city of Cusco|
|Physical Level:||Almost a full day|
|Total Travel Distance:||Easy walking distance of the many historical sites|
|Departures:||Any day with two customers minimum, so you can leave when it suits you best|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 5|