Cultural Immersion Amaru experience
Cultural Immersion Amaru experience (communities) open their doors for travelers to share Amaru community lifestyle, through experiential and cultural tourism. Your stay can be directly involved in farming activities, festivals and rituals, making a real exchange of life in balance with nature and Andean culture. All these unforgettable moments are with songs, aspirations, feelings, rituals and the powerful sense of freedom that will be printed to travelers.
Explore two interesting communities on your trip to Machu Picchu!
AMARU: Decode the mysteries of Andean Iconography through the weaving of the Yachaqs “Inca descendants”. Learn the ancient weaving techniques of Pisac transmitted through colors and shapes chosen by the weaver.
PARUPARU: The traditional Andean farm systems is promoting a reciprocal relationship between the people of what is known as the Potato Park (Paru Paru community).
FAQs: In the tour the lunch is in the community of Amaru – Pisac, and afternoon tea in the community of Paru Paru, the food is based on organic products; we promote rural tourism for the development of Andean peoples. The tour is responsible for working hand in hand with Amaru and Paru Paru.
- Sightseeing tours in Modern Inca motor coach with fuel
- The tour starts at 7:30 AM
- Stop at Taray lookout “nice photo views”
- Stop at Pisac town lookout “nice photo views”
- Stop at Inca Pisac lookout “nice photo views”
- Visit Amaru Andean community
- Wear traditional textiles, Learn for decoding textiles
- Inca ritual to Pachamama (Mother Earth)
- Visit Paru Paru Andean community
- Participate in agricultural work of potato.
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Pm return to Cuzco city.
- Meals: Andean Lunch at Amaru, and afternoon tea at Paru Paru
Day 1: Cultural Immersion Amaru experience
This morning we will pick you from your hotel to start your amazing trip to the Sacred Valley will have some stops at Taray and Pisac viewpoints. When we get to the community of Amaru we dress in traditional colorful ponchos to participate in rural life. Andean women usually take you to pick up plants and herbs that you will use in the process of natural wool dyeing. We will also have a ritual ceremony with the sacred leaves of Coca to authorize us to carry out activities of weaving. The iconography used in each of these fabrics is loaded with an important symbolic value for the villagers of Amaru. Next we will pass to the exhibition hall of clothing to observe the final work; Optional you can buy a variety of textiles (blankets, table runners, scarves, shawls, Andean bags, belts, etc.). Finally we will go to the area of the restaurant to taste a delicious Andean lunch prepared with organic ingredients clearly planted in the area.
Then we continue our Rural cultural trip (30 min.) by transport to arrive at Paru Paru community this afternoon we will be interacting with Andean people; Paru Paru rural community have more than 1,000 varieties of potato, You participate in agricultural work on how to plant and harvest the most delicious potatoes in the World (potato chips, potatoes for all occasions), Amaru people will show you the Inca ancient techniques of conservation native potato.
Before returning to the city of Cusco you will have an afternoon tea with prepared potato snacks.
Cultural Immersion Amaru experience Included
- Amaru and Paru Paru cultural immersion trip 1 Day
- Private & personalized tours
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Private tourist transport.
- Excellent English speaking tour guide
- Local interpreter (Quechua and Spanish)
- All pick-ups and drop offs
- Visit Textile Activity (Amaru)
- Visit Potato Park (Paru Paru)
- Meals: 1 Andean lunch, 1 Afternoon Inca tea (Vegetarian or special diet menu: available).
- First Aid kid and a bottle of oxygen.
- Local taxes
Cultural Immersion Amaru experience Not Included
- Phone calls / Radio calls or messages
- Cuzco Beer, and Inca Peru cocktails are available.
- Don’t miss the famous Pisco Sour! It is delightful.
- Personal expense
Cultural Immersion Amaru experience Bring
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required)
- Comfortable day backpack (to carry your personal belongings)
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- Plastic bottles are forbidden, bring: aluminum bottle, Camelbak, Nalgene bottle, etc.
- Waterproof jacket/rain Poncho (depends on weather conditions)
- Warm jacket
- T-shirts / Comfortable trousers / Sun hat
- Windbreaker (depends on weather conditions).
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended), Sun hat, sun glasses
- Personal medication
- Camera with extra batteries
Cultural Immersion Cusco Day Trip
GROUP SERVICE: US$ 190. p/person.
* To open a new date of tour we need at least two clients!
** Kondor Path Tours operates the Potato Park Cultural Tour Pisac 1 Day; our groups are not shared with third parties.
PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 210. p/person.
In the tour the lunch is in the community of Amaru – Pisac, and afternoon tea in the community of Paru Paru, the food is based on organic products; we promote rural tourism for the development of Andean peoples. The tour is responsible for working hand in hand with Amaru and Paru Paru.
US $ 45. Per person. Artistic demonstration (theater, music and dances)
US $ 35. Per person. Demonstration (development and culture and artistic manifestations of native peoples)
US $ 160. Per person overnight + second day immersion tourism activities + guide and transports. (Basic rural Accommodation + breakfast and lunch).
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Cultural Immersion Amaru experience 1 day WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Many people will already be familiar with using this system and have PayPal accounts, which is the primary method for purchases and sales on eBay. However, an account is not necessary and clients can pay with PayPal by just using their credit cards.
Please note that with PayPal, if you are sending the deposit transfer online, they will normally call your registered home address to confirm the security of the online transaction. If you are not at your home address to confirm the telephone call, the money transfer may be cancelled.
In addition, if a transfer is made from a computer (IP address) in a different country to normal (i.e. whilst you are travelling abroad), then PayPal may need to contact you at home to confirm the transfer is legitimate. Again, if you are not home, the transfer may be cancelled.
If you are away from home, you may need to consider a family member or friend sending the transfer on your behalf, but we would need to know their name.
WE ACCEPT PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL that will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler; we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
- Potato Park Cultural Tour Pisac 1 Day
- Potato Park Cultural Tour Pisac 1 Day
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Cultural Immersion Amaru experience
|Duration:||A full day tour|
|Sites to visit:||Stop at Taray lookout “nice photo views”, Stop at Pisac town lookout “nice photo views”, Stop at Inca Pisac lookout “nice photo views”, Visit Amaru Andean community, Wear traditional textiles, Learn for decoding textiles, Inca ritual to Pachamama (Mother Earth), Visit Paru Paru Andean community, Participate in agricultural work of potato.|
|Tour Style:||Archeological and Cultural|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum (2 Ppl), Maximum. (22 Ppl.)|
|Highlight:||Private guide for a more personalized experience, enjoyable and historical places on earth, and Amazing mountain scenery|
|Location:||Sacred valley above Pisac|
|Physical Level:||A full day tour|
|Total Travel Distance:||Easy walking distance of the many historical sites|
|Departures:||Any day with two customers minimum, so you can leave when it suits you best|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 5|