Cusco Condor viewing tour
Cusco condor viewing tour is to observe the flight of the condors in the Apurimac Canyon that is the natural habitat formed by nature. The condors are counted and there are about 200 Condors in this area, and you can see between 2 to 15 Condors between each day. The Inca citadel of Machu Picchu has the shape of the majestic Condor, Pisac and many important other Inca sites. In this expedition we observe the condors in their wild habitat! Then at sunset we headed towards to our Eco Lodge to rest in the valley of Limatambo.
The idea of 2 days: Day 1 of the tour is to go directly to Chonta to observe the flight of the condors almost all day. On the second day you will explore the archaeological sites of Marcahuasi, Limatambo, Taray, and Moonstone temple on the way back to Cusco.
FAQs: Trail (via Pivil), The Condor Sightings Cusco Canyon includes 1 night at the Eco Lodge Limatambo (Andean Spirit Lodge).
- Day 1: Cusco – Chonta to Limatambo Valley
- Day 2: Limatambo Valley to Marcahuasi – Cusco
Day 1: Cusco – Chonta to Limatambo Valley
At 7 am our staff (guide and driver) will pick you up from your hotel to start the trip to the north west of Cusco city, the idea of this day is to travel directly in our vehicle towards the colonial population of Chonta via Pivil. In the course of the trip, we will observe various colonial towns and villages (Poroy, Izcuchaca, Compone, Zurite, etc.). 40 minutes before arriving at Chonta, we will stop at a natural viewpoint to see the snowy Salkantay with the valley of Limatambo and its surroundings.
From the village of Chonta we have a path that leads to the first and last viewpoint; we recommend to all our clients to bring dark clothes or camouflage suit not to alter the flight of the Condors. After enjoying this magnificent experience between 3:30 and 4 in the afternoon, we will start to return to Chonta and go towards the valley of Limatambo via Uraca until arriving at our Eco Lodge to rest comfortably.
Cusco Condor viewing tour Summary trip.
- Tour start: At 9: 30 am
- Places to explore:
- The viewpoint of the Condor number 1
- The viewpoint of the Condor number 2
- The viewpoint of the Condor number 3
- Activity: Trek and Sightings Condors near Apurimac Canyon.
- Cusco trip Chonta distance: 3 hours by van (The first hour of travel is paved road – the second hour is by a dirt road – and the third hour is on rough road).
- Best Time to visit March to November
- Difficulty: Moderate – Easy (Cusco condor viewing tour).
- Limatambo Overnight: Eco Lodge (Andean Spirit).
- Meals: Box Lunch, and Dinner (vegetarian).
Day 2: Limatambo Valley to Marcahuasi – Cusco
After a restful rest, we have our breakfast prepared with organic products. Our expedition today is to explore different Inca sites not very well known and visited starting with the ruins of Marcahuasi (Inca valley of fertile land and place where even the platforms are found) there is also an Inca wall of fine masonry. When we arrive to the town of Limatambo, we observe more platforms in very good preservation.
Returning to Cusco, we also visit the Inca sites of Tarawasi and Quillarumiyoc 3650 m/11972 ft. “explore the Moon temple, Canal of water, Inca Trail, sacred places, and caves.
- Tour start: At 9: 30 am
- Places to explore:
- Marcahuasi (Hidden Inca site and terraces).
- Limatambo Valley terraces
- Tarawasi (Tara Inca house).
- Quillarumiyoc (Moonstone site).
- Activity: Exploring Inca sites
- Difficulty: Easy
- Meals: Vegetarian breakfast, and vegetarian box Lunch.
Cusco Condor viewing tour Inclusion:
- Condor Sightings Cusco Canyon 2 Days/1 Night.
- Day 1: Cusco – Chonta to Limatambo Valley.
- Day 2: Limatambo Valley to Marcahuasi – Cusco.
- Active tour itinerary with unique expedition features
- Excellent English speaking Kondor tour guide
- Private tours and personalized service
- Pick you up from your Hotel and Drop off in your Hotel
- Private transport “Kondor van” + driver on Day 1 and 2.
- Entrance to Cusco condor viewing tour
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- 1 night at the Eco Lodge of Limatambo Valley.
- Oxygen tank & First aid kit on day 1.
- All local taxes (Cusco Condor viewing tour).
Cusco condor viewing tour Bring:
- Dark color clothes (camouflage for viewing the flight of the Condor)
- Binoculars 10X42 or Telescope. Camera with extra batteries.
- A good day-pack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack or an appropriate pack (to carry your personal belongings).
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support).
- One pair of trekking pants (not jeans)
- One rain jacket (even if we are in dry season)
- One warm/winter jacket / gloves, scarf, cap cold, thermal clothing full bod!
- One good sleeping bag liner that is super lightweight and easy to pack. Definitely does its job!
- Bring some meds. (Cusco Condor viewing tour).
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended). Mosquito repellent.
- A headlamp to navigate around the Eco Lodge in the evenings.
BOOKING – CONDOR SIGHTINGS CUSCO CANYON 2 DAYS/1 NIGHT
“Groups consisting of Max. 16; Min. 2 people”
- US$ 435.
- US$ 495. p.p.p.
* (p.p.p.) Price per person.
CONDOR SIGHTINGS NEAR CUSCO 2D TOUR DEALS! Requirement: Book this tour as a group by following this list:
- US$ 380. P.p.p. Group of five people.
- US$ 345. P.p.p. Group of six people.
- US$ 325. P.p.p. Group of seven people.
- US$ 310. P.p.p. Group of eight people.
- US$ 300. P.p.p. Group of nine people.
- US$ 295. P.p.p. Group of 10 people.
- US$ 285. P.p.p. Group of 11 people.
- US$ 275. P.p.p. Group of 12 people.
- US$ 265. P.p.p. Group of 13 people.
- US$ 260. P.p.p. Group of 14 people.
- US$ 255. P.p.p. Group of 15 people.
- US$ 245. P.p.p. Group of 16 people.
RESPONSIBLE Condor Sightings Cusco OPERATOR, We are specialists working on the preservation of this Andean bird (Vultur gryphus).
Kondor Path Tours How to Book
Cusco condor viewing tour 2D WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to Kondor Path Tours. All deposits are $100 per person and are non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
The amount to deposit to reserve and secure your space is specified according to the number of customers “We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler”
Offers for organized groups!
Requirement: Book together at the same time
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
|Sites to visit:||Condor Sightings Cusco, Chonta, Limatambo Valley, and Marcahuasi|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (Trekking), Ecological, and Bird Cusco - Birdwatching Tour|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 2 People, Maximum 14 people|
|Highlight:||Take your binoculars and experience 1 day marveling the variety Andean CONDORS that we can find around Apurimac Canyon, and near Cusco.|
|Physical Level:||2 Day|
|Total Travel Distance:||1 Hour|
|Departures:||Any day with two customers minimum, so you can leave when it suits you best|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12|