Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail
Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail is a great expedition in Peru and Machu Picchu travel. The male Andean Condor of South America is the larger and its flights can soar, and glide for hours without beating their wings in Cusco Apurimac Canyon. Welcome to observe Condors and hike along the Inca trail of Salkantay.
Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail Overview
- Day 1: Cusco – Apurimac Condors sightings to Chonta camp [Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail ]
- Day 2: Chonta to Soraypampa – Suyroccocha camp [Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail ]
- Day 3: Suyroccocha to Salkantay Pass – Collpapampa camp [Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail ]
- Day 4: Collpapampa to Playa – Aguas Calientes village
- Day 5: Machu Picchu tour
Day 1: Cusco – Apurimac Condors sightings to Chonta camp
We leave Cusco at 6:00 am by a kondor van heading to our first stop called the moon temple “Quillarumiyoc”; we visit and explore the ancestral Inca site of Quillarumiyoc. Then we continue the trip towards Tarawasi (on the way we will make a stop to take photos of the valley of Limatambo and the Vilcabamba mountain range with its imposing Salkantay peak 6200 m), Tarawasi was an Inca checkpoint and sacred place for ceremonies dedicated to Mother Nature. Between Limatambo and the ravine of Uraca begins the ascent by a dirt road that takes us to Chonta. Today we have lunch before noon at base camp; the reason is to be in advance in the viewpoints to observe the flight of the condors in the Apurimac Canyon “to reach the third viewpoint you need to walk an hour and a half”. After observing the majestic flights of the condors, we start to return to our camp.
Day 2: Chonta to Soraypampa – Suyroccocha camp
Today we get up at 5:30 am to start the journey by transport to get to the starting point of our Salkantay trekking that will take us to Machu Picchu. Once we arrive to Soraypampa, we start our second day of adventure through the Andes; the goal of today is to climb for 3 hours to our camp of Suyroccocha that is at 4500 meters of altitude. Around the camp, you have a breathtaking view of the snow-capped Salkantay and during the night, you can see the Inca Milky Way; tonight is cooler night and is recommended to bring thermal clothes and 4-season sleeping bag.
Day 3: Suyroccocha to Salkantay Pass – Collpapampa camp
Today we conquer the top of Salkantay Pass and to reach the highest point of the trip we have to go around a rocky path. If we are lucky, we can observe a pair of condors of the Apurimac Canyon, the rest of hiking is going down to the camp that is located inside the high jungle (cloud forest) the combination of high mountains and jungle rejoices the spirit of adventure towards Machu Picchu.
Day 4: Collpapampa to Playa – Aguas Calientes village
We will wake up like every day with a cup of coca tea to give us strength and joy in our adventure, our trekking is through the rain forest of Cusco and the valley of Santa Teresa. You will explore the flora and fauna of the area, such as the wild fruits offered by Mother Nature or the fruits planted by the villagers of the place “option is to buy organic fruits” before arriving at Sahuayaco. From Sahuayaco we will board a local transport that takes us to hydroelectric to board in the afternoon our train service. The whole group of walkers will arrive at the village of Aguas Calientes at 5:30 pm.
Day 5: Machu Picchu tour
This day is the most awaited day after having observed condors and having had an experience of hiking through the mountains of the Salkantay. Machu Picchu is the most preserved Inca citadel because it was hidden for 400 years inside the jungle; nowadays we can explore it and understand the reasons for its construction.
First, we will board early in the morning the bus that takes us towards the entrance of Machu Picchu. The Kondor tour lasts two hours for visiting the Lost City of the Incas, then all the visit the group will have to be at the time indicated in the train station “located within the Village of Aguas Calientes for returning to Cusco city (via train and transport).
Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail Inclusion
- Chonta Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail 5 Day
- Day 1: Cusco – Apurimac Condors sightings to Chonta camp
- Day 2: Chonta to Soraypampa – Suyroccocha camp
- Day 3: Suyroccocha to Salkantay Pass – Collpapampa camp
- Day 4: Collpapampa to Playa – Aguas Calientes village
- Day 5: Machu Picchu tour
- Trek briefing with your Guide “one day before than your first day trek”
- Professional Kondor Guide (tour and Machu Picchu).
- Second tour guide for groups of 9+
- Private Transport and professional driver (to the starting point of hike “at Chonta and Soraypampa”)
- All entrance tickets and permits for Condor watching tours and Machu Picchu.
- On day 2, and 3 Horses / mules and native horsemen to carry (camping equipment: client tents, dining and cooking tents, table, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas container, cutlery, plates, food and fresh vegetables).
- Personal items to carry 8 kg/17 lb. (so you just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day).
- Three nights camping
- Spacious tents and Sleeping mat.
- One night in a Hotel 2 star in Aguas Calientes. Sierra Andina group (Andina, Presidente, Continental) based on sharing a room; either double, matrimonial or triple depending on availability. SIA brand rooms all include private bathrooms with hot showers and Wi-Fi after the Salkantay Trek Price to Machu Picchu.
- We provide a duffle for personal items.
- One Cook
- Excellent Meals (4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners)
- Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice, all before rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request).
- Tea time before dinner (tea, coffee, coco, biscuits, and popcorn) Salkantay Trek Price to Machu Picchu.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day (for drinking).
- Wake up coca tea in your tent.
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel
- Kondor Path Tours uses walkie-talkies on all treks.
- Oxygen Tank & First aid kit “Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail ”
- On day 4: Local transport from Playa to Hydro
- One local train ticket service from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Peru Rail).
- Two bus tickets from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu Park (round trip).
- 2 – 3 hours Machu Picchu walking guided tour “No free time in Machu Picchu after guided tour – New rule 2017”
- One train ticket from Machu Picchu pueblo to Ollantaytambo Village (Inca Rail / Peru Rail).
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco by a Kondor Transport
- All local taxes “Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail ”
Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail Not included
- Water on Day 1, and 2 “Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail ”
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Breakfast on Day 1, Dinner on Day 4, Lunch on Day 5
- $ 25. Waynapicchu Mountain (book 3 to 5 month in advance) “Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail ”
- Tips: Guide, Cook, Horseman, Porters
Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail Bring:
- A good day pack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack –appropriate packs (to carry your personal belongings).
- Original passport (International Student Identity Card “ISIC” it is applicable).
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required).
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support). “Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail ”
- Dark color clothes (camouflage for viewing the flight of the Condor)
- Binoculars 10X42 or Telescope. Camera with extra batteries. “Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail ”
- 2 pairs of Trekking pants “not jeans”, 1 hiking, 1 cotton–which is just enough, please spray both pairs with an insect repellent spray the clothes before the trip.
- Layers for variable temperatures, especially at night in your Chonta Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail
- One rain jacket: The first night the temperature can be as – 5 degrees Celsius / 41 degrees Fahrenheit, the rain jacket can be helpful, because there are raining days (even if we are in dry season!).
- One warm / winter jacket (Thermals: wool socks/ gloves / scarf and woolen hat for cold nights).
- Two pairs of underwear, three pairs of socks (Bamboo or cotton/nylon-blend socks dry faster than 100 percent cotton, which lose their softness when air-dried.) it is nice to have a couple of extra pairs of socks to change into at night when you are not hiking. In addition, we recommend bringing both heavy hiking socks and lighter socks as well, the weather is all over the place, so you want to make sure you are not too cold or overheating.
- Two t-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts
- One Good sleeping bag liner, it is super lightweight and easy to pack, definitely does its job!
- Travel-size tissues and wet wipes–The air is cold and damp, so your nose is going to run a lot. Everyone seems to run out of tissues by the end of the trek. In addition, most bathrooms do not have toilet paper (if you even get a bathroom), so wet wipes are key in Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need, but it does not work very well. The issue with Cusco outdoor is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are some small flies you cannot even see that leave weird bites that first look like you pricked your finger and then blow up into itchy red bumps. Unfortunately, these bugs seem to bite you no matter what rather spray you put on.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camel back
- Water (only on first day hike, then we will provide you throughout the hike).
- Camera and film
- A headlamp to navigate camp in the evenings and pre-dawn mornings with spare batteries
- Bandages or moleskin
- Flip flips to change into at night – your toes will thank you!
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, Toothpaste/Floss, Shampoo/conditioner, Brush/comb, Vaseline (for feet great for potential blisters), Feminine hygiene products, Deodorant, Nail clippers/file/tweezers, Spare glasses and/or prescription, mini-eyeglass repair kit, or contact lenses and supplies, Hand sanitizer etc.–which you need, but pack light
- Medication (Imodium AD or something for your stomach, some people get an upset stomach at one on the trek, with 8-10 hours of hiking each day, you need to get over whatever the day throws at you quickly, so bring some meds.), etc.
- Plastic bags for dirty and wet clothes
- Something to read in the evenings
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips to your staff.
Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail 5 Day
GROUP SERVICE: US$ 850. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least three hikers!
** Personal Porter Included In the Price! to carry 8 kg/17 lb. for personal items (You just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day.)
*** Kondor Path Tours operates the Salkantay Trail route; our groups are not shared with third parties.
**** Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 999. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least two hikers!
RESPONSIBLE Salkantay trek OPERATOR, we are Specialists, working with Mollepata LOCAL PEOPLE (Sensitive & Sustainable Machu Picchu Company).
Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail – Upgrade options
Hotel Note: We do not include PayPal 6% merchant fee (paid by the traveler).
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
+ US$ 530. p/person. DBL / US$ 944. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View
+ US$ 670. p/person. DBL / US$ 1,188. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View & Terrace
+ US$ 920. p/person. DBL / US$ 1,503. SLG -Suites
El Mapi Hotel Machu Picchu by Inkaterra
+ US$ 65. p/person. – Superior Deluxe DBL or SLG
+ US$ 90. p/person. – Suite DBL or SLG
Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu
+ US$ 50. p/person. – Traditional Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 60. p/person. – Superior Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 70. p/person. – Jr. Suite DBL or SLG
Extras [Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail ]
US$ 25. p/person. – Huayna Picchu entrance fee (book in advance this extra option with your hike package).
US$ 75. p/person. – Vistadome Train (One Way).
US$ 120. p/person. – Vistadome Train (One Way).
US$ 25 p/person. – Sleeping Bag (4 season, Maximum size 1.95 m / 6´4″).
US$ 25 p/person. – Pair of Walking poles.
US$ 25 p/person. – Air Mattress(rent for 3 nights).
US$ 75 p/person. – Single Tent Supplement (rent for 3 nights).
US$ 95 p/person. – Full Mule to carry 14 kg of personal items.
Kondor Path Tours How to Book
Cusco Condor Salkantay Trail 5 Day WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to Kondor Path Tours. All deposits are $250 per person and are non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal and it should be sent to email@example.com “deposit taxes are included” We will email you, your booking invoice and confirmation once your details and deposit are received.
Many people will already be familiar with using this system and have PayPal accounts, which is the primary method for purchases and sales on eBay. However, an account is not necessary and clients can pay with PayPal by just using their credit cards.
Please note that with PayPal, if you are sending the deposit transfer online, they will normally call your registered home address to confirm the security of the online transaction. If you are not at your home address to confirm the telephone call, the money transfer may be cancelled.
In addition, if a transfer is made from a computer (IP address) in a different country to normal (i.e. whilst you are travelling abroad), then PayPal may need to contact you at home to confirm the transfer is legitimate. Again, if you are not home, the transfer may be cancelled.
If you are away from home, you may need to consider a family member or friend sending the transfer on your behalf, but we would need to know their name.
WE ACCEPT PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL that will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler; we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
- Cusco Sightings Condors And Salkantay Trail 5 Day
- Cusco Sightings Condors And Salkantay Trail 5 Day
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Sightings Condors And Salkantay Trail 5 Day
|Duration:||5 Day and 4 Night|
|Sites to visit:||Sightings of condors, trek along Salkantay Mt. explore the Andes and the Jungle of Machu Picchu.|
|Tour Style:||Sightings of condors, Adventure (hiking - trekking), Archeological, Camping, Cultural and Ecological|
|Recommended group size:||Min (2 Hikers), Max. (16 Ppl.)|
|Highlight:||Explore, Sightings of condors near Cusco, Explore the high mountains (Salkantay Pass), Have the Andes MT. and jungle treks in one before Machu Picchu!|
|Location:||About 60 km - 40 mile west-northwest of the city of Cusco|
|Physical Level:||5 Day and 4 Night|
|Total Travel Distance:||56 km / 34.7 mile approx.|
|Departures:||Any day with two people min.|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.|