Condor sightings near Cusco
Condor sightings near Cusco is located in the rural community of Chonta within Limatambo district, nestled between the mountains that shape a canyon, found in the ecological floor Puna where you can see a wonderful panoramic landscape, forests, lakes, rivers and see the flight of the condor who daily make their trip of the area attracting tourists visit. Currently, this site features a habitat of 200 condors. Welcome to this trip to watch the flight of the condors.
FAQs: Trail (via PIVIL) Best Time to visit: April to November.
NO AVAILABILITY JAN. to MAR. 2018″ Rainy season!!! BOOK in advance your availability: April to Nov. 2017!
- Tour start: At 7: 00 am
- Tour End: At 20:00 pm
- Places to explore: Quillarumiyoc “Moonstone Inca site”
- Activity: The flight of the Condor experience
- Trek: Chonta to Condor Lookout viewpoint 1 hour in / 1:30 out
- Cusco – Chonta Van distance: 3 hours
- Best Time to visit March to November
- Road conditions: 1st hour paved road in excellent condition, 2nd. Hour dirt road in good condition and the 3rd. hour dirt road trail in poor condition.
- Difficulty: Easy – Moderate
- Meal: Box lunch included.
Condor sightings near Cusco Itinerary
We start from your Cusco hotel in the morning for a full-day excursion of “The flight of the Condor “ by Kondor van, driving alongside the Anta plains. Visit the Moon ruins “Quillarumiyoc” and admire the views of the Limatambo valley below. 3 hours by Van to Chonta community 3,900 m / 12,795 ft., when we arrive we have to walk one hour to Condors Lookout viewpoint. We continue observing the flight of the Condor then to have a box lunch with great vistas. After the flight of the Condor, we will drive to the town of Limatambo. Return to Cusco.
Condor sightings near Cusco Inclusion:
- Condor sightings near Cusco 1D
- Active tour itinerary with unique expedition features
- Excellent English speaking Kondor tour guide
- Private tours / personalized service for the (Condor sightings near Cusco).
- Pick you up from your Hotel and Drop off in your Hotel
- Private tourist transport “Kondor van” + driver
- Box lunch per client + (driver and guide).
- Entrance to The flight of the Condor near Cusco.
- Entrance to Moonstone Inca site.
- First aid kit for (Condor sightings near Cusco).
- All local taxes.
Condor sightings near Cusco Bring:
- Dark color clothes (camouflage for viewing the flight of the Condor)
- Binoculars 10X42 or Telescope. Camera with extra batteries.
- Warm jacket, Rain Jacket, Windbreaker, Sun hat.
- A very good sunblock.
- Important to bring Mosquito repellent
- Water bottle 3 liters p.p
- Pocket money (Condor sightings near Cusco).
BOOKING – Condor sightings near Cusco 1 Day Trip
“Groups consisting of Max. 16; Min. 2 people”
- US$ 190.
* (p.p.p.) Price per person.
- US$ 250. p.p.p.
Condor sightings near Cusco 1D TOUR DEALS! Requirement: Book this tour as a group by following this list:
- US$ 380. P.p.p. Group of five people
- US$ 135. P.p.p. Group of six people
- US$ 125. P.p.p. Group of seven people
- US$ 110. P.p.p. Group of eight people
- US$ 105. P.p.p. Group of nine people
- US$ 95. P.p.p. Group of 10 people
- US$ 90. P.p.p. Group of 11 people
- US$ 85. P.p.p. Group of 12 people
- US$ 80. P.p.p. Group of 13 + people
RESPONSIBLE Condor sightings near Cusco OPERATOR, We are specialists working on the preservation of the Condors (Vultur gryphus) at Chonta village and Apurimac Canyon.
Kondor Path Tours How to Book
Condor sightings near Cusco 1 Day WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to Kondor Path Tours. All deposits are $50 per person and are non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
The amount to deposit to reserve and secure your space is specified according to the number of customers “We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler”
Offers for organized groups!
Requirement: Book together at the same time
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
|Sites to visit:||Condor Sightings Cusco, Chonta, and Limatambo Valley|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (Trekking), Ecological, and Bird Cusco - Birdwatching Tour|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 2 People, Maximum 14 people|
|Highlight:||Take your binoculars and experience 1 day marveling the variety Andean CONDORS that we can find around Apurimac Canyon, and near Cusco.|
|Physical Level:||1 Day|
|Total Travel Distance:||1 hour hike from Chonta to Condor viewpoint|
|Departures:||Between Mid-April to October|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12|