Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras
Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras is to enjoy the balcony of the Sacred Valley of the Incas with the circle shaped terracing system. Well-suited for the beginner or intermediate rider, Moray to Salineras is a fairly wide, easily-handled yet stunning route through the mountains surrounding the famed salt mines of the Incas, Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras who want to ride the Andean world’s best Andes in some of the most spectacular places on the planet go to Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras.
“There’s been so much fun, so much adventure, so much sightseeing, so much natural beauty… The support from the guides and the whole Sacred Rides crew has been phenomenal. We can’t stop smiling, and it’s an experience we’ll never forget.” BRUCE SOLOMON, FLORIDA, USA
FAQs: Trail (via KM 37 to Moray).
- Early morning pickup at your hotel at 7:30 am
- Explore: Cheqoq Inca site, Moray circle Inca Terraces, and the Salt mines of Salineras, and in the way back to Cusco the Lookout of Raqchi for enjoying the the Sacred Valley view. Optional Plus if time permitting we can explore a textile center at Chinchero.
- Private transfer to the trailhead “at Paradero 37 near Cruz Pata”
- Location: 1 hours drive from Cusco
- Technical level: beginner or intermediate rider
- Location: Northwest from Cusco
- We provide the proper bikes and equipment for this kind of adventure tour
- One Cusco beer at End ride “Mountain Bike Moray and Salt Mines”
Add optional Item – Extra cost: “Kondor Zip-line experience”
Looking for exciting things to do in Cuzco? Do you love nature? You and your friends deserve a quick Andes getaway. Get ready to enjoy fresh Andes air, and a hassle-free ride on this packed guided tour from Sacred Valley Mountains! 4 different cables that extend for a distance of 600 m / 2,000 ft. the highest 200 m / 700 ft + Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras.
End “Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras”
Day 1: Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras
The tour starts at 7:30 am. During our transport ride, we can appreciate the snow-capped mountain ranges of the Andes such as Sawasiray, Pitusiray and Vilcabamba. It is an opportunity to experience one of nature’s greatest sights.
After one hour drive we arrive at Paradero 37 (starting point of ride) we drive along a dirt-route for approx half an hour while admiring the astonishing views of the Andes, then we visit Cheqoq the first Inca site (we promote to explore hidden Inca sites), we carry the bike on our transport to reach by transport Moray; this place is a unique Incan site, where we can find the stunning round circles adapted to the topography. These circular platforms were used as a biological experiment station to acclimatize plants of different heights (Inca’s greenhouse). Peru produces 65% of all edible plants on our planet. Andean people consume different varieties of potatoes and corn, among others which were adapted to extreme temperatures of the Andes.
Then we drive biking from Moray to arrive at Maras, a nice Colonial town, from Maras (3,385 m/11,105 ft.) we start a full downhill. Then we explore the Inca Salt mines, place that it is located northwest of Maras and are made up of 3,030 small wells with an average area of about 5 m². During the dry season, every 3 days these wells are filled with salty water that comes from mountain. The salt content gradually solidifies when exposed to sunlight. Later the granulated salt undergoes a traditional process of iodization for bagging and sending to markets of the region. After the salt mines, we carry on with our bikes towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas, where the transport waits for us, on the side of Urubamba River to have a bottle of Cusqueña beer (Inca beer from Cusco). After this beautiful experience you service a buffet lunch at a tourist restaurant. Then we From here we go back to Cusco, but before that we have a last stop at the Raqchi lookout with the magnificent view of the Valley .
Note: Optional if time permitting: We visit Chinchero center textiles; a place where you can get a show of Andean textiles (optional a place to support buying Souvenir to Andean families).
Drop off at hotel
Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras Includes:
- Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras 1 Day.
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Services in English speaking tour (Bike ride guide)
- Comprehensive guided sightseeing (personalized service)
- Private tourist transport (minivan for 5 people, van for 12 people)
- All pickups “Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras”
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern Inka motor coach
- All sites and attraction entrance tickets (Cheqoq, Moray, Inca Salt Mines of Maras)
- Mountain bikes with front suspension
- Safety equipment (helmets, gloves, safety vest).
- Inca snacks,
- Drinking water “Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras”
- 1 Andean buffet lunch at a Touristy Restaurant.
- 1 bottle of Cusqueña beer per biker
- First aid kit & oxygen
- All local taxes “Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras”
Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras Does Not Included
- Comfortable clothing
- Windbreaker (Needed on the high Andes whether sunny or not.)
- Warm sweater/jacket for early morning and in the evening for Inca sunset
- Rain poncho (Rainy season December to March).
- A good day-pack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack –appropriate pack (to carry your personal belongings).
- Travel-size tissues and wet wipes–The air is cold and damp, so your nose is going to run a lot, so wet wipes are key.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need, but it does not work very well. The issue with Cusco outdoors is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are the small flies you cannot even see that leave weird bites that first look like you pricked your finger and then blow up into itchy red bumps. Unfortunately, these bugs seem to bite you no matter what spray you put on, so some anti-itch ointment can be helpful.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camelback
- Camera and film.
- Extra money for drinks, tips.
Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras 1 Day
- 2 people US$ 180.00 per person
- 3 people US$ 170.00 per person
- 4 people US$ 160 per person
- 5 people US$ 150.00 per person
- 6 people US$ 140.00 per person
- 7 people + US$ 110.00 per person
Add optional Item:
US$ 30 p.p.p Sacred Valley Zip line
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Biking Moray Salt Mines Maras WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $50 per person deposit needed. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
The amount to deposit to reserve and secure your space is specified according to the number of customers “We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler”
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Biking Moray Salt Mines 1 Day
|Sites to visit:||Cheqoq Inca site, Moray circle Inca Terraces, and the Salt mines of Salineras, and in the way back to Cusco the Lookout of Raqchi for enjoying the the Sacred Valley view. Optional Plus if time permitting we can explore a textile center at Chinchero.|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (Biking)|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 2 People, Maximum 12 people|
|Highlight:||Private guide for a more personalized experience, enjoyable and historical places on earth, and Amazing mountain scenery|
|Location:||Moray - Peru approximately 50 kilometres / 31 mile|
|Physical Level:||1 Day|
|Total Travel Distance:||2 biking Lares from Summit|
|Departures:||Any day with two customers minimum, so you can leave when it suits you best|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12|